PDA

View Full Version : 350X carb. problem

tanks350x
01-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Here's my problem, My carb was rebuilt a few months ago by another member here on the boards, did an awesome job as well. The last couple of times I rode it the throttle has been sticking while it's running.. I changed the cable, same thing... When it's not running, no issues at all. It's only happening when it's running. At around a quarter throttle it sticks..Anybody ever had this issue? Ihave a parts carb that I will take parts from if need be
Thanks
Tank

DeePa
01-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Roy,

Its only a few things it could be. Only thing that would cause a carb to bind is cable, throttle, slide, and needle. On the 350x, that includes all of linkage from the cable to the arm that raises the slide.

It makes no sense why it wouldnt happen when running. The air moving isnt going to make a carb bind up at 1/4 throttle. Check to make sure the cable is routed correctly and it isnt catching on the trips or any other wires/cables.

Also check out the throttle. Are the grips stopping the throttle from returning at all? Did you just put new grips on?

Mike

tanks350x
01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
First off, thanks for the reply Mike.. I haven't gotten a chance to go out there to mess with it in the last couple of days, been too damn cold out.. But I will say this ,, it is very weird how it does get bound up when it is running, and fine when it isn't.. I bought it after that first ride when it sputtered going up that hill when you rode it.. I seen it ebay, and had to have it.. bought the rebuild kit, and DC gave me a crash course.. I tried moving the handlebars from lock, to lock while giving it throttle and it's fine, when not running. I'm thinking maybe the slide, main shaft, or the needle is messed up in some way, or fassion.. we'll see I guess

SWIGIN
01-02-2009, 06:39 PM
lectron carbs will stick at part throtle when the slide is worn....the air pressure holds it instead of letting it drop.

i have not seen a round slide do this but who knows

Sargon2112
01-05-2009, 12:44 AM
The throttle on my nephew's 70 was sticking last week. Come to find out it was because some sticky varnish-like stuff was getting drawn up onto the slide. Some kind of crap in the fuel line. It would only stick when it was running and hot. Cleaned the tank, carb and fuel line to get rid of it.

Erics350x
01-05-2009, 02:47 AM
The slide would cause it only while running.

tri-Z ripper
02-16-2009, 11:56 AM
or if you repalced the needle slide and its a little crooked?