PDA

View Full Version : headlight burn out

TriMotoMan
12-31-2008, 10:17 PM
when i put a new headlight in my trimoto the second i give it gas it burns out, any ideas?

thanks
-Damien

old-yellow
01-01-2009, 02:29 AM
I don't know if this your problem but I was reading some where in the manual that you have to have a tail light bulb to equal out the voltage in the system . So I guess what I'am trying to say is if the tail light is burned out it may cause your headlight to burn out also. Also it says voltage should be 5.8 volts at 3000 rpm and 8.3 volts at 8000 rpm. I hope this helped.

Alex

TimSr
01-01-2009, 02:41 AM
when i put a new headlight in my trimoto the second i give it gas it burns out, any ideas?

thanks
-Damien

Its your voltage regulator.

old-yellow
01-01-2009, 02:49 AM
I was looking in the manual and does not list the YT's as having a voltage regulator and I don't remember seeing one on mine.

Alex

Taiser
01-01-2009, 09:17 AM
If it doesn't have a voltage regulator (I think it does though if I remember) then yeah check you other bulbs, they may be the wrong size or burnt out.

old-yellow
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I did more reading in the manual and only says that electric start models are equipped with a voltage regulator. So I am confused do they or don't they?

Alex

TriMotoMan
01-02-2009, 04:15 AM
the yt 125 doesnt have a voltage regulator, and my tail light was burned out cuz i used a honda street bike tail light with no headlight so it must of burned out. so if i put new bulbs in the tail and in the head then it should work?

Howdy
01-02-2009, 09:46 AM
the yt 125 doesnt have a voltage regulator, and my tail light was burned out cuz i used a honda street bike tail light with no headlight so it must of burned out. so if i put new bulbs in the tail and in the head then it should work?

If you put new bulbs in you might not blow the bulbs, but some times you will blow them again. To avoid blowing bulbs in the future, you can add a aftermarket voltage regulator for under $20. Dennis Kirk has them, and I sell them as well. I can normally beat DK prices ( they have higher shipping cost ). They are easy to install ( 2 wires and a zip tie ).

Howdy

TriMotoMan
01-02-2009, 03:15 PM
thanks for all the help