PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to be like this with my 85 250r?

NewfieBish
12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok, so I dont have any rear brakes, no disc or caliper: nothing, but today i was out riding and i noticed something i havent really noticed before, but i dont know if it was happening before to begin with haha.. look at the picture of my rear axle, on the right side of it where the red box is, that machine with the bolt design on it, spins freely by hand? is this the thing that holds the axle in place?!

atctim
12-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Please use an arrow in the picture I have no idea what you are speaking of. If you mean the Disk Brake hub - the 4 eared piece in the upper left corner of your red box - then - no - it is not to spin - you may need to replace either your axle - your disk hub - or both to get your rear brakes working.

for safety sake - get your rear brakes working on this - it is a 250R - not an ATC70.

I would like to see more posts from you - not an obituary!

SWIGIN
12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
thats your axle nut in the box and it must be loose if it spins.

your lucky in a way......it look like that thing would be rusted solid

tecat-z
12-31-2008, 04:57 PM
Please man, give that bike some love. :cry: The rear end looks as if it was pulled up from the Titanic.

SYKO
12-31-2008, 05:06 PM
hmmmm i got a nice shinny extended axle/ with brake hub and locknut oH in a disc!! all you need is a brake caliper to add to the flavor!

NewfieBish
12-31-2008, 05:41 PM
yeah im trying to get through some of the things thats got to be done with this R, i bought it back in the summer and it wasnt in rough shape, but there were a few things that had to be done, im working on gettin a full rear brake assembly, but right now im tryin to see if i need to replace this rear end.