PDA

View Full Version : All balls bearings for tri-z steering neck?

Tri-ZNate
12-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Anyone know if they are available and where to get them. I did a search but to no avail. I tore my Z down and the bottom bearing was converted but the top is still a loose ball setup.

userj8670
12-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Jeff (Honda250sx) uses ALLBALLS...ask him

Mosh
12-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Dads was selling those update kits.

The lower bearing was always a roller bearing from the factory..
Do a search, I think Zmpolarstitch and some others had a problem with them not fitting just right.

tri-Z ripper
12-29-2008, 11:59 AM
i remember them saying when they installed the top that the top tripple tree did not go down as far as need cause of the washer being to large and you need the washer! and yes dads on .org will have them for sure! btw nate that Z is looking great!!

honda250sx
12-29-2008, 12:43 PM
They make a kit. And I had no problem installing mine. Contact DADS. I bought my kit elsewhere.

DeePa
12-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I had to leave out the top dust washer to make mine fit correctly. Lower bearings from yamaha are needle bearings.

I also had to modify my headlight guard to make up for the slightly longer distance between the lower and upper triple clamps...

Tri-ZNate
12-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Dads doesnt visit much does he? I'll probably have to get on .com to pm him

zmpolaristech
12-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Dads was selling those update kits.

The lower bearing was always a roller bearing from the factory..
Do a search, I think Zmpolarstitch and some others had a problem with them not fitting just right.

I installed a set of the ALL BALLS head tube bearings in my Z, and when i put it all back together, the headlight mount would no longer bolt-up. after several differenty ideas, i finally had to brake down, and hack the top mount off the headlight mount, and weld a washer on in the correct spot. it turned out nice, but it would have been nice to know before hand...

brapp
12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
check out rx2ride in wysox he got me the tapered berings kits and thier reasonable too