PDA

View Full Version : questions on adjusting jets

daniel_250r
12-28-2008, 08:24 PM
hi there i have a honda 200 carb here and am wanting to know what i am adjusting so next time i go out to my barn i can adjust my tri moto's carb. i assume they cant be too different... so what i am wondering is wich one is the main jet? howe do i adjust it? and please label what ever else you know [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/10ptt1g.jpg

daniel_250r
12-28-2008, 08:25 PM
reason for all this is it idles, revs high and low but when in gear barely moves and bogs, so what do i need to adjust to change the air /fuel mixture?

Twilight
12-28-2008, 08:28 PM
clean the jet, not enough fuel passing through.

or if that doesnt sound right, you have a air leak.

daniel_250r
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
so what jet am i cleaning? the big main jet there?

DeePa
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
theres only 2, clean them both, and clean the rest of the carb while youre at it. all passages, etc...use compressed air afterwards too.

Twilight
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
theres only 2, clean them both, and clean the rest of the carb while youre at it. all passages, etc...use compressed air afterwards too.

and bingo was his name o......

Use carb cleaner, spray it all, then use thin wire on the jets and push through the holes, then spray again.

daniel_250r
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
ok, i have never done this before :confused:, so by two jets you mean the main one that as the screw driver head on it, and the brass one beside it, how do i get the 2nd one out theres no notch to get a screwdriver in there!?

DeePa
12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
if theres no hex head or screwdriver flat, its pressed it. just clean it out with carb cleaner and compressed air

old-yellow
12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Does the trimoto have the the stock carb on it. If it does first clean it then set the air screw by turning it in intil it stops then back it out 1 1/2 turns.Try that and see how that goes. Have you done a compression check on it and what did you get it. Should be at least a 100 psi. I will not be back intil nine tonight then if you got any more question I will try to answer them then.

Alex

Twilight
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
ok, i have never done this before :confused:, so by two jets you mean the main one that as the screw driver head on it, and the brass one beside it, how do i get the 2nd one out theres no notch to get a screwdriver in there!?

are you sure? should be 2 flat head slots or a flat head and then a hex for a ratchet/wrench

daniel_250r
12-28-2008, 08:52 PM
ok well i will try cleaning it tommorow and see if it helps, also the carb has a slide on it with a needle should i move this needle up or down with the clip would this have any effect? thanks for all the help guys, i would have alot of broken machines if it werent for you guys