PDA

View Full Version : Big Red racks on a 250X??

MotorCity
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know if you can put Big Red racks (rear, and front) on a 250SX?

I've got a line on a 250SX, for a good price. I've been eyeing Big Red 250's, but they all seem to be pricey.

So....if I pick up this 250SX, which seems MOSTLY like a big red (i've read theres a difference in tire size, 22's on 250sx, 25's on the Big REd, and a difference in gearing, and I think longer suspension on the 250SX), once the racks on, do you think this thing will do most thing a big red will not? Isnt' the engine the same on the 250SX as the Big Red

Not sure where the advantage will be with having bigger tires and gearing. Can anyone help me here??????
Mostly, I"ll be ice fishing / hunting and riding with it, but with the racks, I wouldnt mind makign a work mule out of it, pulling wood from the forest for campfires, throwing it on the rack, putting a hitch on it and pulling wood on a trailer, etc.

Any and all opinions welcome. thanks in advance.

MotorCity
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
I meant to say.... "Do you think this thing will do most things a Big Red will"? (I put WILL NOT in last post, duh?).

What disadvantage will I have with smaller tires and different gearing versus the Big Red?

SCRAMCHARGER318
12-11-2008, 05:02 PM
the engine is the same, the 25" tires give br more ground claerance. it has lower gears for towing, but the sx has a ton of low end torque as well, i do not think the rack of a big red will work on a sx. but you can get front or rear racks for the sx on ebay, really it's your choice there both great for what YOU want to do with'em. the sx has a higher top speed if that matters. the big red is definetly tippyer then the sx. but the big red has a detachable headlight, and a electircal outlet by the headlight. hope this helps

tri again
03-11-2010, 04:04 AM
I have both br and sx and would say they're essentially about the same for farm type work.
The sx is a little faster at top speed but who cares when yer hauling logs

Will try to fit b red racks tomorrow but it doesn't look too promising.
The big diff is the big red seat is separate from the fenders and the sx seat is 'part' of the fenders so it wont be easy to get to the battery area. Of course, removing the seat and flipping up the br seat and fenders gives you access to nothing anyway.

MonroeMike
03-11-2010, 08:41 AM
I think he figured it out by now.

MudBug
03-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I think he figured it out by now.
:lol: :lol:

Of course, removing the seat and flipping up the br seat and fenders gives you access to nothing anyway.

actually it exposes alot if you ask me

jrwebb8324
08-30-2010, 06:39 PM
i have a 250 BR and a 250sx and i think the SX is far more (tippyer) than the BR.