PDA

View Full Version : 250R ATC short track tank info

blasterman88
12-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Guys can someone tell me if this is the short track tank on this bike? Im pretty sure it is, i bought the bike and it came with 2 tanks, and this one does look smaller....also, when the short track tank kits were sold, what was all included?? What all did you need to make it work? And last, what are they worth used...im missing one shroud.... assume the tank is in "like brand new" shape, not what it looks like in the pic...thanks

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/blasterman88/DSCN0397.jpg

dirtface
12-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Looks like one to me. They came with the tank, shrouds, the bottom tripple,the radiator hoses, the radiator mount brackets and two little red oval shaped pieces, that I think go where the seat mounts are on the back of the tank.

NINJA
12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Yup, that's a short track tank. Currently, just a a tank alone in good shape will only fetch about $100 on ebay. The lower tripple that came with the kit is very hard to find, but you can cut back your stops on the stock tripple. The shrouds are a real bizitch to find! Even busted up used ones will fetch a premium if anyone will even sell theirs. Thank god I just found a set of brand new white ones after weeks of homework and asking around the world. I've seen complete short track kits fetch upwards of $750, but these were complete and perfect. Right now a complete OEM kit won't even fetch $500. Find your missing shroud, see if it's a complete kit and then restore it to perfection.

NINJA
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
BTW, nice find man!

blasterman88
12-12-2008, 05:30 PM
i didnt even realize it had a short track tank when i bought it. It came with an extra tank, and got to think why? and realized it had a shrort track tank on it. Im gonna sell the tank, the tripple, and the shrouds, i do have both shrouds i think, one it just broken, broken bolt hole......Whats something like it worth, i have all the rad hoses too.... Think i could get $200 for what i have?

SYKO
12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
200 is far I have sold all my short track stuff... I could care less about the rarity of them, I actually raced so I wanted them for that reason... now I dont race.. so I didnt want them anymore.

blasterman88
12-12-2008, 07:48 PM
if anyone needs anything off this hot rod im parting it out as well....everything but the motor..

Tri-Z Pilot
12-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah I have a shortrack kit on mine as well. What will it take to put a stock size fuel tank on for trailriding? Can I just switch tanks or do I need stock rad brackets as well?

Twilight
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
how much for the shrouds? be using them to make molds for more shrouds..

blasterman88
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
im pretty sure i have the other shroud, there is one side missing but i think i have it in the rest of the parts, the bolt holes are cracked if i remember correctly?? id like to keep the whole thing together im thinking???