PDA

View Full Version : MF44 Ice Screws

88 Turbo Coupe
12-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Has anyone tried these? Just ordered some.

honda250sx
12-10-2008, 11:01 AM
MF44 screws were designed by a canadian I believe. They are a long screw 1" and up to 1.5" I think. TONS of dirt bike guys swear by his product. That's what I know about them. If I remember correctly they are a fine pitch screw not course like a Kold Kutter. The head design was a bit different on them too. My fear being that there fine pitch and long screw is that they may have a tendency of coming out of the tire.

Let us know how they work!

Billy Golightly
12-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Technically a finer thread should provide more locking power, provided the thread depth isn't any shallower.

honda250sx
12-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Not in rubber. It's a helluva lot easier to strip/overtighten a fine thread in rubber than if we were talking a steel plate.

88 Turbo Coupe
12-11-2008, 04:16 AM
With more threads per inch it's easier to adjust the edge of the screw to get more traction. Think beyond the bubble.

honda250sx
12-11-2008, 09:58 AM
IMO They bite either way. You can have the best crap in the world. Don't me diddly trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro if you can't ride on ice. They are good screws. Like I stated. RUN IT.

88 Turbo Coupe
12-11-2008, 12:21 PM
MF44 screws were designed by a canadian I believe. They are a long screw 1" and up to 1.5" I think. TONS of dirt bike guys swear by his product. That's what I know about them. If I remember correctly they are a fine pitch screw not course like a Kold Kutter. The head design was a bit different on them too. My fear being that there fine pitch and long screw is that they may have a tendency of coming out of the tire.

Let us know how they work!

If there is a problem with the scews coming out I will use a nut and some permanent locktite or JB Weld on the nuts. Tire removal will be a breeze now that I just bought a Coats RC-50M w/bead breaker. Man I got to stop spending money on THIS hobby! lol