PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r rear skid plate

Koda
12-07-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey Guys, Quick question.. I'm trying to get a rear skid plate on my 86 R but I have a +2 swingarm, do I need to get this custom made? Do they make a plate that will fit? I can't leave the rotor and chain/sprocket exposed to rocks....Any ideas? Thanks, Mark

Red Rider
12-07-2008, 03:37 AM
I couldn't find any skidplate manufacturer that made skidplates for extended swingarms, so I bought a new skidplate and extended it the required amount. It seems most people with extended swingarms don't run a skidplate.

max
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
The stock mounting is still there Mark. You should be able to mount one up. Just check the holes/threads. Any q's give me a jingle

Red Rider
12-08-2008, 03:44 PM
The stock mounting is still there Mark. You should be able to mount one up. Just check the holes/threads. Any q's give me a jingleYes, but with an extended swingarm, the parts that need protection (shock linkage & sprocket/brake rotor) are now farther apart, so a longer skidplate is necessary to protect them properly.

Koda
12-09-2008, 03:50 AM
Max, The mounts are there but like red rider said the holes are farther apart on the swing. I'll give you a call. I'm concerned with the trail riding in the PA, lots of rocks. I'm trying to call off Jan 1st, saw you other post on Wellsville. but the odds are slim getting off in my line of work that day.