PDA

View Full Version : Just got a 1985 200X fro free today( Need help)

JAK
12-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Well make a long story short. I kid replied to my craigs list add and said come and get it's free..So I took a 3 hr. trip to get it.. Boy is it in need of work. Most of it is there. But the engine is smoked,all painted flat black, all plastic is shot.Muffler is gone,tank is all dented up, need a complete headlight Assy and little misc stuff gone.
Anyways I am a big fan of 200x's,so I want to do a ground up resto on it.Is Maier plastic like the real deal from the factory??Like color match,where the decals go on the rear fender and other little things like that. I did post up a paint color code post alittle bit ago. I plan on having all metal acid dipped and like I said in the other post my close buddy is going to totally repaint it for me with non- fizz can. A clear coat base paint so it will shine like chrome..lol..Anyways what kind of paint do you all reccomend for the engine paint???
I had a 1983 200x when I was 12 had it up untill I was 27 and I was very fond of that 200x I tell you.. Moved and sold it ..And 200x's are far and few around here.. Mainly 200es's and 250es's. big farming area not much for play if you know what I mean back then.So little help on fixing up my 200x will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
JAK

oscarmayer
12-06-2008, 12:31 AM
well, if your wanting to hop it up, and are willing to spend about $700-$800 you can have one bad mamma jamma top end.

weisco 12:1 comp piston (1.5mm over (leave the last .5mm for 1 final bore if ever needed) $135 w/top end kit
web stage3 cam $118+shipping and tax
web springs and retainers $75 (titaniam retainers are only $5 more so i added them)
web hardened rockers $$130 ($65 each rocker)

endyn CNC valve/poritng job ($165+ you supply all parts and shipping)
boring and honing $65
new timming chain and guides $???
odds and ends $???

it will be about $700-$800 but it's a solid and very fast top end. that's what I did to my 200E and dude, it's bad as crap!!!!!

rugabugadouglas
12-06-2008, 10:11 AM
what part of iowa u from i didnt see that on there? lol

JAK
12-06-2008, 05:48 PM
60 miles east of Sioux City. That is where I am from..

Thanks for the info oscarmayer.. I will for sure take note of that..

Thanks for the replies so far..