PDA

View Full Version : 83 r i need help

83250r
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
i had my r out with weekend and it has been doing this to me for a wile now it will run for like 15 min or so and it runs strong but after riding for a wile it wants to bog out and die i dont think i am flouling flugs that quick and there isent wet oil on it when i check it the ide is almost all the way up on the card but it is acting like it isent geting any fule i cleaned the card and put a fule filter in the line befor i rode it and it did it to me agen and after trying to restart it the throtle stuck idk what it could be please help

thanks damien

SYKO
12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
check to see if there is a fuel obstruction, take the fuel line off first and make sure fuel comes out the petcock constantly.

if it does and you put new fuel lines and filter on

sometimes trash can get above the float needle and clog the fuel up there, making the bowl fill slowly, hence it will ride for a few mins then die out, wait an hour and it will crank back up.. take the needle out and make sure you can get air to flow easily through the inlet.

Had that happen to me, only found out after I put 200 dollars worth of electrical parts in the machine thinking it was electricle.

Daddio
12-04-2008, 10:26 PM
check to see if there is a fuel obstruction, take the fuel line off first and make sure fuel comes out the petcock constantly.

if it does and you put new fuel lines and filter on

sometimes trash can get above the float needle and clog the fuel up there, making the bowl fill slowly, hence it will ride for a few mins then die out, wait an hour and it will crank back up.. take the needle out and make sure you can get air to flow easily through the inlet.

Had that happen to me, only found out after I put 200 dollars worth of electrical parts in the machine thinking it was electricle.

I'll second that opinion. All in favor, say "I".

Brad200X
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
How does your gas cap breather tube flow? My X was doing the same thing. A little compressed air fixed that problem real quick.

88 Turbo Coupe
12-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Check your spark when it happens again. Put clear fuel line on. And also I do say "I".

83250r
12-05-2008, 07:22 PM
i have a clear fule line on and i can see the fule, i will check to see how smoth it flows out of the petcock but there is fule in the line, as for the gas cap breather it funs down into the neck it has some grease on it but i never checked to see it the hole is pluged in the cap and i will clean the carb once agen

fatcat
12-05-2008, 09:01 PM
just a thought but it may be the coil i have known several of them to run good for about 15 to 30 mins and then they ran like crap or not at all