PDA

View Full Version : Help with 250Es and 250sx (hi comp piston location?)

oscarmayer
12-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I am having delivered wed. a 250es and 250sx trike. both need work to get running. the drivelines are in great ska,e but the top ends need rebuild is the biggest issue asside from plastics and seats.
I can find stock comression stuff all day long, but... I want more than stock compression. i talked to JE and Weisco and neither have a piston for this trike.
Weisco says they can make them but they have a miniul of 14 @ $139 (each piston) and Je says minium of 2 but $450 for the both of them. (I need a piston for each trike) Now w/o having to spend tons of $ doing custom stuff, dose someone know where I can get higher than stock compression pistons for either of these 2 trikes? (same top ends) 85-87 are same motors. I figure if I'm going to rebuild them, may as well get more than stock right? What about getting a 300 jug and piston? will those bolt up? Any help with ways to increase cperformance is very welcomed. WEB does make a cam so yea I'm planning on that (wondering if the 250x is a 2valve better cam than the es or sx) both heads will get a CNC valve/port job too.

anyway, thanks for any assistance someone can provide. I'll post pics when the trikes arrive.

Vealmonkey
12-04-2008, 11:33 AM
If you want a performance trike, then why not buy a performance trike? I think you will be pushing the limits of the driveline of these trikes if you hop them up much, but maybe I'm wrong. There are plenty of other sport trikes that would respond really nicely to the mods you are talking about. I guess if that is really what you want, then have fun. The lack of the performance parts for these trikes should really tell the story though. They have to be custom made, because no one really has the desire to soup up a utility trike much. Sounds like alot of dough for a trike that will still only have limited suspension and braking. Good luck with your adventure though.

oscarmayer
12-04-2008, 11:47 AM
it's not for performance as in riding hard, it's for torque and power. these trikes need the extras because I plan on taking them through the rockies summer of 2010 for about a week and a half. I want the extra compression to help with the higher altitude power bogging (loss of performance) and to help tow trailers with gear. I'm not trying to do sport stuff. I'm not a hard rider by any means, I'm a trail rider that doesn't blast hard down the trails at all.

SWIGIN
12-04-2008, 12:24 PM
you might want to look into a weighted fly wheel then

more rotating mass = more torque

oscarmayer
12-04-2008, 12:41 PM
were can u get those?

SCRAMCHARGER318
12-04-2008, 12:55 PM
sorry oscar, but you will not find a high compression piston for your bikes, unless its a leftover from 10 years ago. they simply do not exist anymore i have been looking for 6 months. your best bet for more power would be to do the trx300 motor transplant, lots more torque and you can still get a wiseco for the 300 motor. if you ever decide on getting any pistons made, i'll go in for 1 or 2 providing there reasonably priced(under 150$ a piece).

Vealmonkey
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Large changes in elevation would best be covered by something fuel injected. You might be better off renting something more modern.

montess85
12-04-2008, 02:35 PM
is the trx300 a direct bolt in.....

SCRAMCHARGER318
12-04-2008, 02:52 PM
it's almost a direct bolt in, i know you have to change the drive angle from the trx300 over to your original sx drive, and you have to do alittle wiring mod, there's a thread hear covering everything called 300sx check it out. i'm personally in the process of tearing down my 300 motor right now. by next summer i'll have a 300sx.

oscarmayer
12-04-2008, 10:21 PM
hrmmmm interesting. sounds like it may be better to do the head and cam work and maybe get the head shaves some to bump it just a little? say to 9.5:1 in stead of 9:0? that may help ans maybe getting it bored 1.5mm over (leaving .5mm left incase if a final clean up?)

the top end will still run me about $450-$500 alone to get that work done, but it would help some i'm sure. I'm looking for an extra 3-4 more torque.

je's offer of $450 for 2 is looking better and better over the weisco stuff. unless we can get enough willing to sned $ for a 12 peice run. that's $1668_shipping and tax. I'm going to contact a friend who is direct with weisco, maybe he can pull some strings and get it down to 4 or 6. if so, you in?

SWIGIN
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
shaving the head on a 4 stroke is not the greatest thing to do, the timming chain ajuster will have to exstend farther and bow the chain guids farther too since the chain will be way looser then intended.

i have seen them beak takeing the motor with it....just food for thought

honda250sx
12-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Looking for this are you?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/DSCN2437.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/DSCN2439.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/DSCN2438.jpg

honda250sx
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I have three of these left. These were a HI-Perf piston kit avail. from ROCKY. They include rings and piston pins with criclips.

The 300SX is possible. Output shafts need to be changed. The 300 is longer. It needs to be changed to the 250sx output shaft. Its not an easy swap, the shafts that is. You are probably going to loose the washer/spacer on the end of the shaft in the motor. In which you will need to tear it down to find.

I plan to build an SX monster one day. It will feature one of these pistons. Web Cam. Hardened rockers. Full supertrapp. I have all the stuff to do it. Just too damn busy. I may be interested in selling one of these pistons. They are really tough to find. I spent almost 4 yrs trying to dig them up.

oscarmayer
12-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Looking for this are you?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/DSCN2437.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/DSCN2439.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i151/brauerpower/DSCN2438.jpg

got yes!!! i wants!!! i want 2 -3 of them!!!!! how much you want for them???? they high comp ones?