PDA

View Full Version : 225dx problems

JMarks
11-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey guys, not new to the site but first post. I bought a 225dx last year. I had the top end rebuilt about 5 months ago. When I got the trike back it was running fine. It's been sitting for the last 5 months now while i've been waiting on some little stuff for it. I went to start it today and the only way it will run is with the choke wide open, as soon as i shut the choke off it dies. I've searched for similar problems on here but haven't had any luck.:( I was wondering if someone could help me out. Thanks alot.

fabiodriven
12-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Sounds like you need a good old-fashioned carb cleaning. The other thing to remember is the gas sucks now with all the crap they put in it. You let it sit for like 2 months and it's like chewing gum.

HEAD09
12-01-2008, 12:02 AM
clean out the carb...then blow it out if you have an compressor..that should fix the problem

JMarks
12-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys i'll give it a try and get back to ya. Hopefully it works. Thanks again

JMarks
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I know you guys don't like all the carb questions but i'm getting kinda upset with this thing. I cleaned the carb up, let the parts sit in some carb cleaner for awhile, put the dang thing back on and i'm still having the same problem. If someone could help me out it would be great. Thanks

Blown 331
12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Have you tired to turn the fuel on with the fuel line disconnected from the carb? Is the flow of fuel to the carb ok?

atckowalski
12-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I think your pilot jet is plugged up. It is the smaller of the two jets in the carb.You have to make sure it is not plugged by spraying carb cleaner through it. See if it comes out the end or just the little side holes.If it is plugged the spray will come out the side holes.Take a small piece of a guitar string (probably a G) and stick it through the center hole in the jet to clean it out.Then spray with cleaner and plow out with air.Make sure that the jet is clean and the area in which you removed it is as well.

JMarks
12-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys, I'll try cleaning it again and seeing what happens. i've checked the fuel flow the air cleaner the exhaust, i can get it to idle with the choke on, but as soon as i turn the choke off it dies. I can also keep it running with the throttle but as soon as let off of it it dies also. I hate to say it but i might just have to take it to someone. thanks again.