PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

TrailerRider
11-28-2008, 09:30 PM
200s timing.

I am trying to set the timing on "T" mark but whenever I get to the "T" the compression rolls the "T" past. I can get it to stop right before the "T" mark but as soon as I pull the recoil it rolls past. WTF am I doing wrong? I took plug out, have cam gear off. Dammit

YTZ Money Pit
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
i would pull the recoil off and do it by hand

Yamada
11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
i would pull the recoil off and do it by hand

x2. On my big red it was really hard to stop it right on the T mark.

SWIGIN
11-28-2008, 09:50 PM
its 100% normal for it not to rest right at the T....in fact its normal that it just rolls past the mark.

your fine

NewfieBish
11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
just take the pull cord assembly off and turn the starting cup by hand, like YTZ and Yamada said, its a good sign when you cant get it to stop there with the pull cord, cuz you know for sure its top dead center when its gonna fire haha, i ran into that same issue and i mustve been there (like a fool) tryin to get that T there with the pull cord for the longest time, then i just pulled the cord off and it all happened :P have fun!

TrailerRider
12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
That was it! Sweet! She's a runner again. :TrikesOwn A pic of her maiden voyage. I have a small video of it (me driving from behind cell cam)but the sound is bad and the video is jumpy. Oh and I redid the seat myself. I bought this nice soft leather type material. Came out very nice. Boy where my fingers tired after the seat was done..lol Also made a K&N type setup for the filter. Look by the seat and you can see the bottom of If you want to see the vid I will try to up it on tube or soemthing. Needs a carb tune up now with the different air flow. What a difference the less restricted flow made..lol Not to mention a lower growl :twisted:

TriMotoMan
12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
woa waht kind of four wheelr is that in your pic?

TrailerRider
12-02-2008, 08:22 PM
It an 1987 Polaris trailboss 250 2 stroke. Thing is fast! had it up to like 50 or 60. scarry! Full auto Wifes. 3 is not her thing.