PDA

View Full Version : Help please. seat cover tools.

Youngrasher
11-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I've recently purchased one of the seat covers off ebay for my tri-z. I've just got everything ready to start fitting it and the staple gun I've got will not even put a dent in the plastic seat base even after I'd warmed the base up. What are you guys using to fit yours? Pics would help as I'm in the UK and probably won't find the exact same model.

Dammit!
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
I used an Arrow T-50 and a Powershot to do mine. You've got to hold it real firmly to the surface and even then I still had to use a small hammer to finish some of them off. I plan to buy a power stapler before I cover another seat. I think it would be well worth the money.

Dirtcrasher
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Not sure what stapler you have, but the electric ones do not work...

The manual type that are used to staple insulation to studs seems to work well.

I have old fashion all metal housed staplers. No plastic, no easy push etc etc....

I use 5/16 staples and 1/2 inch ones where I fold or double up the material.

Good luck!

rdlsz24
11-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Arrow

Rob

Mosh
11-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Air stapler........
Not like I would know or anything.lol

Anything else is a waist of time.

One of these days I am going to do a huge write up with pics, step by step how to, on Seat recovering.
Without wrinkles, without squished corners,without glue,and without rusty staples.
I may even show how to repair studs in plastic pans.

Youngrasher
11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for you replies. Like moshman355 say's I think I need to get an air stapler. I look forward to your write up Moshman355.