PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me what this is

Truckster
06-29-2003, 06:45 AM
1983 ATC185S is the machine.

Help!

Still tryin to get this ATC into Neutral...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~biggus2/pics/atc185/N.jpg

In the pic you will see another shaft, and the letter N next to it.

1) what is the shaft for?? anyone?
2) What is the N meaning, is it anything to do with gears?

Starting the machine.

Some trikes/bikes need the brakes on to start it. Is that the case with This ATC185s? It needs new cables, but was tryin to see if I could start it without buyin the other cables.

Thanks
Bruce

mart
06-29-2003, 07:05 AM
That shaft tells u wat gear you r in just like on the 90's and 110's it should have a little indicator thing on the shaft and when u go through the gears it moves.when the indicator is pointing towards the n it means u r in neutral (hope im right cause ill look like an idiot if im wrong lol oh well)

later

Truckster
06-29-2003, 07:07 AM
That shaft tells u wat gear you r in just like on the 90's and 110's it should have a little indicator thing on the shaft and when u go through the gears it moves.when the indicator is pointing towards the n it means u r in neutral (hope im right cause ill look like an idiot if im wrong lol oh well)

later

Thanks for the info, is there supposed to be a sticker or something showing 1-5th as well?

Gotta ge3t me a manual for it....

Only paid $150 for it !

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~biggus2/pics/atc185/camtrike.jpg

mart
06-29-2003, 07:10 AM
no im pretty sure it only shows neutral mate $150 ARE U SERIOUS THATS THE BEST DEAL

Truckster
06-29-2003, 07:23 AM
no im pretty sure it only shows neutral mate $150 ARE U SERIOUS THATS THE BEST DEAL

Cost more than double that to get from Qld to here though :'(

but its here, and yea now to get it started, and running, my son (on bike) cant wait for daddy to double him around on it

has no decompression cable, so hoping the valves are in good cond.

Then to find anywhere left thats legal to ride, at least you have Stockton!!!!!!

Know newcastle well, drove semis for 8 yrs out of sydney...

mart
06-29-2003, 07:28 AM
yeh weve got a few good places to ride our main spot is just over the road we just push the trikes and quad out bout a 3 min ride to the dunes but yeh then we have stockton which is only about a 20 min drive so yeh its pretty good u would probably know belmont than we live about 2 mins south of it at marks point

jeswinehart
06-29-2003, 07:37 AM
hi Truckster, john here.
the 185 didn't have a decompression cable to the best of my knowledge (and according to my clymers book ). it has a hand operated lever on the upper right hand of the motor.
i had a 185-s for a year or so and never needed to use the lever myself.

oh yeah,,, nice score !

bikebandit.com will give you a nice break down of all parts on your trike.

john

Truckster
06-29-2003, 09:16 AM
hi Truckster, john here.
the 185 didn't have a decompression cable to the best of my knowledge (and according to my clymers book ). it has a hand operated lever on the upper right hand of the motor.
i had a 185-s for a year or so and never needed to use the lever myself.

oh yeah,,, nice score !

bikebandit.com will give you a nice break down of all parts on your trike.
john

John...

Thanks on the decompressor, it has a lever, but loooks like a cable would fit there unless its somehow connected to the starter like late model bikes with semi auto decompressors.

Wanna rid yaself of ya clymers book ;)

Im happy with the price, just hope there aint major internal probs. but time will tell

Bikebandit, problem again I have is transport costs to Australia. :( Criminal is a word that comes to mind.

als250
06-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Hey truckster, Welcome!!

I think John is just referring to Bikebandit schematics. I use it all the time for detailed breakdowns of any parts I'm not sure of.

Good luck getting John's Clymer! I think he's like me, get one and keep it. Go to http://www.primediabooks.com/Products.asp?GRPID=1 and order one, $29.95. Worth their weight though! ;)

Al

Truckster
06-29-2003, 11:15 AM
Hey truckster, Welcome!!

I think John is just referring to Bikebandit schematics. I use it all the time for detailed breakdowns of any parts I'm not sure of.

Good luck getting John's Clymer! I think he's like me, get one and keep it. Go to http://www.primediabooks.com/Products.asp?GRPID=1 and order one, $29.95. Worth their weight though! ;)

Al

Thanks for the welcome,

Will susout bikebandits.

$30us is $60au+freight and .........

bakeban
06-29-2003, 01:10 PM
i highly recomend buying the book dude it will help emencely
later

jeswinehart
06-29-2003, 01:11 PM
here's the link. you might want to put in your favorites box.

http//bikebandit.com/PartsBandit/

john

wanta250r
06-29-2003, 04:05 PM
If it is the same as the 110 and 90 I think neutral is all the way up. So try pulling the gear shifter up real good. -P

trikeman
06-29-2003, 05:42 PM
the 185s had a cable hoocked to the decomp. lever which then goes to the pull starter, it's not really too necessary i dont even have mine hooked up, and by the way i'm pretty sure thats an 82 185, no front shocks.

Rich

Truckster
06-30-2003, 10:06 AM
the 185s had a cable hoocked to the decomp. lever which then goes to the pull starter, it's not really too necessary i dont even have mine hooked up, and by the way i'm pretty sure thats an 82 185, no front shocks.

Rich

Thanks Rich for the info...
Wasnt sure it has no cable, but had a bike that the decomp cable snapped, causing large poo poos in the top of the head....

Will check Plate tomorrow, its dark here :)