PDA

View Full Version : Almost got a decent 110 today, but current owner was a dummy

11-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Drove 2 hours today to trade my snowblower for a decent 110. Had nice tank with original decals, original rear fenders in ok shape and decent tires. I got there and the guy said, "I was just riding it 10 minutes ago, now it won't restart." Pulled recoil, but wouldn't budge, put in gear but would not roll forward, rear tires locked. Checked oil, and there wasn't a drop in the crankcase. What a dummy. A little oil goes a long way!

fabiodriven
11-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Drove 2 hours today to trade my snowblower for a decent 110. Had nice tank with original decals, original rear fenders in ok shape and decent tires. I got there and the guy said, "I was just riding it 10 minutes ago, now it won't restart." Pulled recoil, but wouldn't budge, put in gear but would not roll forward, rear tires locked. Checked oil, and there wasn't a drop in the crankcase. What a dummy. A little oil goes a long way!

Man, that's just sad...:( :(

Cert88
11-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Should have offered him like $50 for it

The Goat
11-22-2008, 06:10 PM
kinda weird that it toasted that fast.

anyone ever seen those videos of those briggs motors they run without oil for 24 hours? it's ridiculous.

rdlsz24
11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I had a similiar situation when I drove 4 hours each way to pick up my KFX 400, but not as serious. I get there and the seller goes well I took her for a spin to make sure everything was ok. He went by this field or something where there was a no trespassing sign. He ignored it and hit a tire spike strip. Blew out both front tires before I got there. So I didn't get to take it for a test ride. I took his word that the quad was good other than the tires. He took $150 off the price for new front tires. I got tubes put in them for about $40 so it worked out better for me in the end.

Rob