PDA

View Full Version : suzuki 3x6???

hawaiirider
11-21-2008, 02:36 AM
came across a suzuki 185cc three wheeler that said 3x6 on it? what the heck is that mean? looks like they are real solid bikes, guy said they are rare? looks like competition for atcs, tri motos and klts to me!!

atctim
11-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Well - I would have to say someone just stuck that on there. None of Suzuki's trikes had a sticker like that. And actually - who ever put it on there must miss the concept of * X * - because it should read 2X3. You know - like a 4 wheel drive vehicle with 4 wheels = 4X4 - or a 2 wheel drive 4 wheeled vehicle is 2X4. For it to say 3 X 6 - that would insinuate that it is 3 wheel drive but has 6 wheels overall.

Anyway - as far as the Suzukis go - they are not much competition for anything. They have decent power for a 185cc 4 stroke - but they handle like a grand piano on 3 wheels.

As far as being rare - I would not necessarily buy into that either - there are lots of them still around. - However - I see you are in Hawaii - so I would say prolly just not as many there as here in the states - but isn't that the same for anything there?

DixiePlowboy
11-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Actually, Suzuki did indeed have(at one point)3x6 and 4x6 on some models. ALT's had 3x6 for a year or two, and the first LT125(quad) had 4x6 on it.

The 1st number had nothing to do with "wheel drive", but in how many wheels were on the machine. The second number had to do with the gear count(5-forward + reverse).

hawaiirider
11-21-2008, 06:58 PM
that would make sense witth the gear pattern i guess.