PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri-moto

ghost civic
11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
i just got a 80 something tri-moto 225 dx. if i put fuel into the cylinder, it will fire.
but, i cant seem to get fuel to flow through the carb! it goes into the bowl, but apparently not out of it. im not sure what to look for to fix this. any ideas?

also, i wanted to change the oil but i dont know what kind i need to replace it.

trizilla
11-19-2008, 08:16 PM
10w30 or 10w40 will be ok in the engine.
on the fuel issue, pull that carb and clean it. be real thorough!!! disassemble completely and spray carb cleaner through any passages and then blow some compressed air through after that. be certain u can see through the main and the pilot jet. pay attention to the order of everything and reassemble opposite of taking apart. if its your first time with a carb maybe look at a breakdown of it on bikebandit or someplace like that. if you pull the pilot screw count # of turns in before removing so you can reset it when done. oh yeah, dont lose the spring,washer and o-ring thats on it. good luck

3 wheeler boy
11-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Good to see someone picked that up. I was looking t it but I already have 2.

ghost civic
11-19-2008, 09:39 PM
yeh, i traded a RC truck i had for it. the truck was great, but i didnt have any one else to run the truck with. my daughter is almost 7 and i couldnt get her interested in the RC stuff i had. but i know she'll ride with me on the 3 wheeler. shes riden with me on my snowmobile, and loved it. but we can only ride that like 2-3 months out of the year...

i looked at the carb, and on the top there are 2 places for a hose to attatch. id call them nipples i guess. one is clearly for the gas, and the other is smaller diameter. im not as familliar with 4 strokes. should there be another hose going to the carb(more than just the gas line) for fuel pump or something???

trizilla
11-19-2008, 09:43 PM
no other hoses. well there is a vent near the top and on the bowl should be a drain hose

edog
11-19-2008, 10:05 PM
That 225 was on Uncle Henrys for 2 months.

There is a line that goes up the frame from the carb that has a one way check valve. It's a vent line. If you have a bad check valve it will run crappy.

ghost civic
11-19-2008, 10:13 PM
it was in UH's for so long cause they were asking way to much. $450 for a non-running ATC that has non-fuctioning electric start and plastic that is in only fair condition is asking way to much.

the RC i traded would have only got my $250-300 if i sold it.
im gonna try cleaning the Carb better, and i bought a complete carb off ebay for $30. the ad said it came off a running trike. well see about that.

edog
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
it was in UH's for so long cause they were asking way to much. $450 for a non-running ATC that has non-fuctioning electric start and plastic that is in only fair condition is asking way to much.

the RC i traded would have only got my $250-300 if i sold it.
im gonna try cleaning the Carb better, and i bought a complete carb off ebay for $30. the ad said it came off a running trike. well see about that.

Good luck!!!!!!!!