PDA

View Full Version : 200m Rear Brake with front Handle?

Gearheadtom
11-18-2008, 05:25 PM
I have a 1985 Honda 200m. I don't have the rear brake pedal or cable. I only have the lever on the handle bar, but I can't get that much pressure with that. My front brakes are wore out, so thought I would switch the front and back brake lever, because the front is a bit longer. I assuming that this can be done. Would I get enough more pressure to make it worth switching them?

SCRAMCHARGER318
11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
are your rear brakes adjusted up correctly? are all the moving componets moving freely? i dont think switching you handles around will help much, just go on ebay and get a foot brake lever, any 185 or 200 with the auto clutch will work fine and there cheap becuase there is a ton out there. the cable should be readily availible also on ebay for around 10$. just throw a little money at her, you know she's been good to ya.

atctim
11-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think you will accomplish anything here either. Sounds like you need your brakes overhauled. New shoes and cables do not cost very much. You need to get them working properly to be safe on any machine.

Gearheadtom
11-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't realy want to spend much money if any. I had the rear drum off and the brakes looked good, very little wear. I might just leave it as is, I almost never use my brakes. I would be fine without them, but I like to have a little bit for emergencies.