PDA

View Full Version : atc90 tires and wheel question: kenda or itp???

n10sivern
11-18-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm getting ready to order some tires and ITP steel wheels for my ATC90. I'm stuck at a tire choice and would appreciate some opinions. It is a toss up between the 22x11x8 ITP Mud Lite AT and 22x11x8 Kenda Klaw XC or 22x12x8 Kenda Bear Claw. First off, the ITP 2 tire set is $40 more that either of the Kenda sets. Are they worth the difference? The Kenda Bear Claw are 22x12x8 only. Will there be any clearance issues on the ATC90? Lastly, will the ITP steel wheels work on the front of the ATC90? I know there is an offset and the spacers would have to be adjusted, but other than that will there be a problem?

Another option for the wheels, does anybody think it is worthwhile to get different hubs from a ATC110 or ATC125 in order to use 4x100/130 lug pattern? This would allow me to get the thicker Douglas aluminum wheels (.190) as they only offer the (.125) in the 3x100 lug pattern. The .125 is just way too flimsy for me to put on the bike. If i had to stick with the 3x100 pattern then I would go steel, otherwise its aluminum for me.

Vealmonkey
11-18-2008, 05:47 AM
There are alot of optios. The kendas or the itp tires will pretty much ensure that you will have no give in the tires at all and make your ride pretty rough. The stock type of tires are cheng shins. You can get 3 bolt or 4 bolt rims in the stock patterns. Like you said, the front rim is zero offset. You could also run 200x rear hubs and use the 4x100 bolt patternt instead of the stock 4x130 pattern which is what the later 110s ran. The choice is up to you and what kind of riding you might be doing. The cheng shins will be the closest to the stock tires and still give you the bounce of the tire that will give you some cushion. That choice is going to have to be yours.

03 ORANGE SHEE
11-18-2008, 05:58 PM
i have the 1973 model, and it wont even spin the oem tires on wet grass in low. id get the lightest, rounded tire you can get for a good price, imo...

mgenest
11-18-2008, 06:07 PM
I have two 110's. One is hopped up with a bigger carb, pipe, cam etc... On this one I have the Chen chin's. More for comfort. Very bouncy and fun to ride.

Second bike has a 177 GPX engine. This one has the Kenda XC's, stiffer but definaltey trail worthy.

Depends on what kind of riding you do.