PDA

View Full Version : atc70 - shift pedal question...

oneclick
11-15-2008, 08:54 PM
are there any other shift pedals that will work on the 70 that are longer? i finally got my 70 running yesterday (it's quick as heck too with the 88cc kit on it!) and i rode it quite a bit then and today too, i've been shifting thru the gears like normal, but my foot won't fit under the pedal to shift up, so i've been using the heel of my foot when downshifting...

What is everyone using for shift pedals that can be used easily by a grownup such as me?

* if i bought a new one i'd use dratv, since he's reliable and i can get my stuff within 24hrs since he isn't very far away... so if you can point out a specific pedal on his website, please do!

Jason

Dirtcrasher
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
If you have mack daddy foot, :lol: did you consider just cutting it and welding in another inch or so of 1/8 x 3/4 flat stock or something??

Might be easier to custom fit it to your liking.....

oneclick
11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
i've thought about that... but i figured there would be something out there from another trike or atv that would work?

I've also thought about making sort of a "jockey shift" for it (extending the pedal forward and then upwards where i could shift by hand), but i figure the bumps and dips may make it upshift or downshift on it's own - or it'd just be "in the way".

Jason

Brad200X
11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I would imagine that the pedals from other Honda 70cc bikes would work. My '81 C70 has one of those double pedals that they use so you don't scuff your shoe, but I'm not sure if you'll have any clearance issues or not. At least it was intended for adults to use, so you could just cut it.

blue27
11-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I used a300EX shifter with a folding tip

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?p=668968#post668968