PDA

View Full Version : 84 225dx starting problems

saladboy
11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
i have a 84 225dx the bike is a real pain in the a** to start.i have to pull it 10 to 15 times to get it to fire(with the help of starting fluid). what would cause this?there is a couple things i should point out and you all could tell me if this could be the problem.the jacka** who had this before me welded the exhaust on must have broke the studs so he welded it on,now where he welded it the is a small hole (i can see in)less than a 1/4in would that cause a compression issue which in turn would make it hard to start.now on the carb when i took apart the choke assembly and the plunger that the cable hooks up to was a pain to get out i had to use some force should that move free and easy? when i put it back together i had to push it in with a screw driver is that right..if that sounds wrong is there anyway i can make it a manual hand choke or fix it to make it right. any suggestions would be great.thanks

trizilla
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
start by fixing the pipe and the choke problem right... then if it is still starting hard, check for a plugged pilot jet and improperly adjusted pilot screw. maybe you should do a compression check too.

PaTriker
11-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Get your choke plunger to move freely and that will probably fix your problem.Clean it out real good and clean up the plunger. Then check your compression.

saladboy
11-13-2008, 10:30 PM
ok i will try that. thanks for the help