PDA

View Full Version : 1984 200X oil problems

leevarnado
11-12-2008, 01:20 PM
has anyone ever had problems with there bikes not getting enough oil to the cam.i just went through the second head on my bike this year,if there is a way to fix,let me know.

rdlsz24
11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Are you on the original oil pump?

Rob

Gearheadtom
11-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I have a Honda 200e bottom end setting in my garage for that reason. No oil got to the top and seized the cam bushing. I just hammered off the bushing off the cam and filed it out with a round file.

atc500x
11-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Are you using a cylinder gasket only or a gasket and a ton of RTV silicon.....

bones200x
11-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Two things come to mind. 1... Wheelies are a problem causer. Especially the long ones. Other is lack of oil.
There is a "race" mod you could do. Drill a hole in oil passage on clutch cover. Thread and install a pipe fitting to accept a 3/16 copper line(that is what every one I know that did this used.) You might could use 1/4" ,but maybe too much?
Drill hole in cylinder head cover, just a hair(1/16" I think, toward front of bike) in middle of the cam.
If you want to look fancy, have a piece of braided line made.
The main thing is to install pipe fittings. Reasons...prevent leaking and make sure of no leaks under "racing" conditions
There are very few pics of the mod around. Good luck finding them. I may have some saved somewhere. But it might take me some time to go through all my photo cd's to find them.
I usually put almost a 1/2 quart EXTRA of oil in.
Plus like rdlsz24 said, original oil pump maybe partial problem too.
But like I said earlier. It sounds like you do alot of wheelies. The oil pump is located it front of engine. So when front end is up, oil is at back..
OOPS Almost forgot....Make sure you have the RUBBER PLUG IN THE HEAD!!!!. If it is missing. LOSE of oil!!!! It is small and easily missed. I usually buy a couple to just have around. That maybe you problem??????/

SWIGIN
11-12-2008, 09:00 PM
its a bad oil pump...no need to drill anything

my 85 200x did the same thing in 87-88

The Goat
11-12-2008, 09:59 PM
i got an extra head if you need one

leevarnado
11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Yes It Is The Origninal Oil Pump,and New Gaskets.

Howdy
11-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Quite often on this style motor the oil passage ( to the top end ) gets blocked / restricted and it starves the top end of oil.

Now with that said, lets get some more info.

Has the top end been worked on?
Has the right side cover been removed / reinstalled?

If yes on either of these questions:
What kind of gasket / sealant was used?

Howdy