PDA

View Full Version : lots of atc90 questions

n10sivern
11-11-2008, 02:21 AM
i'm attempting to restore a junker 1973 atc90 and i just bought a 1977 atc90 that needs a little work. i'm doing most of the work myself and passing off any engine work to my brother in law. forgive me if some of my questions are downright stupid. is there a source for replacement wheels for these 90's? i know that the wheels are 8x8 and use a 3x100 bolt pattern. are there other hubs that will work on these 90's so that i can use more commonly found 4 bolt patterns? i believe the rear tire size should be 22x11x8. what is the correct front tire size? i just want to double check as both front tires were replaced in the past and in rough shape. i'm sure i will have multiple other questions as i get further into my work my right now i'm just working on rolling chassis!

n10sivern
11-11-2008, 02:25 AM
almost forgot, what is the paint code for the green 1973 and the red 1977 atc90? i'm guessing PPG is the best place to get the correct paint.

Vealmonkey
11-11-2008, 04:37 AM
All 3 tires are the same size. You will have to run adapters to fit the later model atc90 tires on the earlier model atc90. The green color is called parot green. You will find it easier and cheaper to rebuild the newer atc90. Alot of the parts on the older atc90s are different and getting harder to get. Check your frames out thoroughly as they are prone to rusting and breaking apart. The coil for the 71 atc90 is on the inside of the frame in case you can't find it. The 71 atc90 is made to partially come apart and partly fold up so it can fit in the trunk of a car if it still has its' original pieces, but some don't. You'll see the differences if you look closely at the rear axles of both trikes and look at the handlebars of both trikes. Get yourself a shop manual, it will be a big help. Have fun and ask questions. Welcome to the site.

thefox
11-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I searched and found the Honda Pasion Red code to be R-109 which is PPG paint code 74718. I haven't tried it yet but I plan on picking some up next week and painting my 110.