PDA

View Full Version : Suspension 185s Pics

Vealmonkey
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Here are pics of one of my weld on suspension 185s frames and some parts for that very frame as per request of one of the board members. The frame with the swingarm and axle assembled still in the shipping box when I received it. The box of front end parts and all the rest of the goodies that I received with the frame, minus the rear fenders which went to another board member that he later traded. The steel tank that I will switch out for the plastic tank. The NOS Supertrapp Header and the used muffler that will go on the header. And the last picture is of my suspension 70 storage in my living room. All the parts in boxes, excluding the dune buggy hood are all trike parts. Mostly engines. 200s, 185s with 200s cylinder and 200x cam. cl90 and sl90 engines and some other parts for my 350x like my take off shock and such. Goodies everywhere. And my kitty Lizzie!

carscomefirst
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Is that an Evel Knievel pinball machine?
If so, cool:drool: :drool:

Vealmonkey
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes, good old Evel Knievel Pinball Machine. It's the common electronic one though, not the rarer electro-mechanical version or even the rarest home version. Do you have one?

Vealmonkey
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Here are the NASA Heavy Duty Axle pics. Stock width though. Couldn't have been lucky enough to have the wider axles. I've got 2 in stock, but one is spoken for. As minty as can be expected.

carscomefirst
11-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes, good old Evel Knievel Pinball Machine. It's the common electronic one though, not the rarer electro-mechanical version or even the rarest home version. Do you have one?

No, but if you want me to haul it off I wouldn't even charge you.:naughty:

Vealmonkey
11-10-2008, 01:18 AM
You're too kind. Evel is posessed though. Only works on occasion. I've changed out the motherboard for one of the new-modern-fancy motherboards and it worked fine for awhile. Not only will it work when it wants to. Sometimes it will play for weeks on end and other times, it will not for months. I have the connections apart and did my best to clean them up and a little dab of dielectric here and there and it still is very funny acting. I guess I should break down one day and have a pro check it. I've been in the market for a Bally Harley Davidson Pinball though. I did have a 1967 Bally "Surfers" pinball which was very low production and a buddy of mine kept on bugging me about it. He came over and did some home improvements for me and I give him the "Surfers" and a Pachinko game and he was too happy to put them in his game room. They share the game with a very old and rare Brunswick pool table that folds up into a couch. The pool table is incredible and you should have seen the thing when we picked it up from his relatives house, it was in a shambles. Now it is pretty much all restored, just a few spots of green paint left on it! It's a shame it is missing the folding mechanism. We've only found 1 other table like it and the guy wouldn't show us the folding mechanism. We just wanted to copy it so the table would fold up into the couch. form. That table was for sale for over $100,000! We were dumbstruck. Also all the early Brunswick files were destroyed in an old Fire so it's really hard to tell how many of these tables were made. A very cool pool table indeed, with the leather pockets and mother of pearl inlays and all.

chris200x
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
what other neat stuff do you have hidden away? Thanks for sharin the pics.. I know some members don't like showing their secret stashes for some reason.

Xowner :shiftyeyes:

Blown 331
11-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Awesome. I love these kits. I have a weld one kit that I bought from a board member. It's on a 200 frame. I duplicated the frame to a 185s frame since I have nice fenders for a 185s and they look a bit more sportier than a 200. I really need to get working on that but I just have so many other projects right now.

Threes company
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks for putting up these pics Vealmonkey. :beer ... I've always been interested in the early aftermarket suspension kits. I'm looking to put something together for my YT-175 in the future...... now thats a bike that needs some rear-end help. :eek:

Vealmonkey
11-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I've got yt175 kits too!

Vealmonkey
11-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Here is a Hi Flite for my 185s too.

Vealmonkey
11-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Frame unboxed pics and pics of the components.

Vealmonkey
11-19-2008, 09:50 PM
More pics of the parts. No seat pic since the seat is on the trike out in the shed. If you do a search on the bolt-on suspension 185s, you will see the seat pics.

Blown 331
11-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Dude, I love these things! And that is the exact same suspension kit I have on a 200 frame. Same braces welded on frame and same swing arm. I'm 90% done duplicating it to a 185s.

trizilla
11-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Blown 331, got any pics of that suspended 200? i have quite a bit of interest in these as well. i really like these old bikes with the aftermarket parts.
vealmonkey, what brand is this suspension kit?

Vealmonkey
11-20-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm not really sure who made it. Once the first 2 or 3 companies came out with kits, everyone had kits and lots of places sort of copied other companies kits.