PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200s Clutch question...

MonkOFox
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I changed out the clutch plates(friction), and I tightened up the clutch using the adjustment on the outer part of the case. And I haven't drove it around yet because the top end is still in progress, but shouldn't the clutch shift the same as when driving just sitting there or no? because if it is, the clutch is still slipping.

What could be causing it to slip if i put new plates in?

Thanks,

Justin Fox

Twilight
11-09-2008, 10:11 PM
how much torque did you place on the clutch?

MonkOFox
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
on the adjustment on the outside of the case, or the 3 bolts on the actual
cluch basket?

Justin

Twilight
11-09-2008, 10:24 PM
on the 3 bolts.

peter250r
11-09-2008, 10:36 PM
did you put new springs in aswell as friction plates? if you havent it would be a good idea to. that would the reason its still slipping most probably

DeePa
11-09-2008, 10:57 PM
there are 2 clutches in this trike. one is the one you replaced, the normal clutch, and the other is the centrificial or whatever clutch with the 3 shoes and drum

peter250r
11-09-2008, 11:40 PM
yeah Deepa is right i forgot to mention that. there is another clutch that runs off the crank shaft, which is 3 shoes running inside a drum. they are designed to slip until 2800 rpm and grab there and above. this is the centrifugal clutch, which inturn transfers power to the clutch basket with the friction plates.

you may also want to replace the three shoes in the centrifugal clutch.

MonkOFox
11-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, you have to take the centrifugal clutch off in order to get to the regular clutch. I'm probably going to back off the bolts, and use a torque wrench and hit the specs, i just snugged em down, but might have done one too tight, or not tight enough.

I might order some springs, but if this fixes it I'll put that off till later.

Thanks for all the info.,

Justin Fox