PDA

View Full Version : attn: 225dx super pros

saladboy
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
i just bought my first yamaha 225dx it a 84,its not in bad shape.i got it to run today with a carb cleaning and new plug.i have some problems,the trike starts on the first pull,but it revs very high and i cant get it to come down?i did try messing with the idle screw but it does nothing.any help would be great.

Dirtcrasher
11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, the easiest mistake you could check is something hung up with the throttle valve (or slide). If it's hung up somehow from being installed backwards or the cable can't be shortened and it's pulling on it, then it will idle high.

Only other reason I can come up with is an air leak. And that would be between the front of the carb and all the way to where the intake/boot mounts to the cylinder head. You can run the motor and spray carb cleaner at every joint and see if the idle changes.... Hopefully to narrow down the air leak if you have one!

saladboy
11-07-2008, 09:47 PM
what about on the back of the carb?the boot from the air box that mounts on the back of the carb is missing the band clamp would that cause that?

PaTriker
11-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Sounds like your slide is 180 out

Georgia Boy 666
01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
yes you need a band on that boot- put one on there- or even a zip tie until you can get another band- it will make a huge difference.