PDA

View Full Version : Full Supertrapp for my 87 200X

willrideanythin
11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
How rare are they? Whats a decent used one worth? on a side not whats a tight kick for the same worth?:beer

3 wheeler boy
11-06-2008, 09:21 PM
There was one on ebay I thought. Can't find it now.

willrideanythin
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
:drool: :twisted:

Dirtcrasher
11-07-2008, 06:04 AM
Over 150$ used easy, unless your lucky..... Most of the used ones are cracked and or some of the discs mounting bolts are stripped. The headpipe is whats rare, the rear cn is the same as many others......

Kickers are available new for 87$. Good use ones run about half.

honda250sx
11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I used know this guy that could get new supertrapp parts. Steve you ever get an exhaust fab'd up?

SeaBass8
11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
There was one on ebay I thought. Can't find it now.

I was watching both of those... Someone must have made a good offer... The auctions were ended early.

SeaBass8

SeaBass8
11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
How rare are they? Whats a decent used one worth? on a side not whats a tight kick for the same worth?:beer

You'll see them come up on the auction site 4 or 5 times a year. Worth??? Right now people just are spending as much on stuff. On the kicker... To me if they go for more than 50$ I would just buy a brand new one for about 90$ from Service Honda.

SeaBass8

willrideanythin
11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Im building my 200X and have a DG exhaust that I bought. Im kind of going for the rare/upper end parts for the build. I was reading the "Show me your rare parts post" and noticed 2 Supertrapps in there. Ill have to hunt for a Supertrapp then. Maybe if Im lucky Ill get one next week.

Dirtcrasher
11-08-2008, 08:14 AM
I used know this guy that could get new supertrapp parts. Steve you ever get an exhaust fab'd up?

Yeah, the same guy I'll probably BEG to get me a shock!! :naughty:

No, I never got the Trapp on there. Sudco flatslide should be done next week and then I can get that exhaust on there, that is of course after I pry the headpipe from you :lol: I think we talked about it but both forgot.... That headpipe of yours may be an 85 but I can work with it.

List of things to do:

Buy Tig welder
Finish phase converetor for Bridgeport
Finish 86 200X
Bergin next build
Buy Southbend heavy 10
Fix backhoe
Build 86 350X crate motor
Sell old lathe
Buy 10 18 wheelers of dirt for track
Powder coat all Deepas crab
Build ATC70

and............................................... ...................................:rolleyes:

Back to the regular thread, sorry bud! :D

tanks350x
11-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah, the same guy I'll probably BEG to get me a shock!! :naughty:

List of things to do:

Buy Tig welder
Finish phase converetor for Bridgeport
Finish 86 200X
Bergin next build
Buy Southbend heavy 10
Fix backhoe
Build 86 350X crate motor
Sell old lathe
Buy 10 18 wheelers of dirt for track
Powder coat all Deepas crab
Build ATC70

I think you forgot something DC:eek: What am I looking at, about febuary?:D

Dirtcrasher
11-08-2008, 06:36 PM
EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff - "No, I never got the Trapp on there. Sudco flatslide should be done next week and then I can get that exhaust on there, that is of course after I pry the headpipe from you I think we talked about it but both forgot.... That headpipe of yours may be an 85 but I can work with it."

Either I'm an idiot (well, of course I am....) or you DID send me the headpipe :lol: After you asked if I got it done, I started looking around for parts and want not. I found a 1.378 diameter headpipe and it HAS to be from you..... Uggggh, I'm just so friggin busy with everything it's crazy. Anyhow, I guess I'm more towards the goal than I thought I was :lol: :D If you need those pipe expanders, I'll get them right back to you. I honestly didn't think I had everything I needed but I believe I do. I'll get it all squared away and get them back to you...... Sorry about that.

And as for you Mr. Tank - I FORGOT to add your frame to my "TO DO" list, matter of fact, I forgot for so long that after I left your frame outside in the mud, I used your frame as a jack stand for my backhoe. Held up really well for a few seconds, then it looked like the Haiti school disaster :D Thats OK, I've got some coat hangers and I found some conduit tubing I'm gonna fix it up with :lol: :beer Once it got bent so bad, I brought it inside and the darn cat pissed and another one puked on it . DEEPA told her that Tri-z's and all pingers rule and 350X's are for pussies......

Don't worry kid, your on the "near immediate - TO DO" list !!

Dirtcrasher
11-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Im building my 200X and have a DG exhaust that I bought. Im kind of going for the rare/upper end parts for the build. I was reading the "Show me your rare parts post" and noticed 2 Supertrapps in there. Ill have to hunt for a Supertrapp then. Maybe if Im lucky Ill get one next week.

Since I have contaminated your topic, I figuired I'd give you some other thoughts....

You can use the DG and or the Cobra but they are both loud as hell. They both give you great gains though. They are so "open" that they allow you to remove the airbox lid and fatten the main jet up quite a bit. The power difference is very noticeable, as is the noise......

Because it's a 4 poke, you merely need the Supertrapp silencer which if your creative, it can be adapted to almost any headpipe. Your DG may be about 1.375" and I think stock is about 1". So, if you can find the ST can, you can merely adapt it to your DG headpipe and then you can still get the gains but with allot nicer sound tone.......

willrideanythin
11-08-2008, 06:47 PM
So the DG makes more power? Noise isnt a huge issue with me, Power is though. I havenet decided what one I will run yet. The DG is brand new, Im sure any ST I find will be used......

Dirtcrasher
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
So the DG makes more power? Noise isnt a huge issue with me, Power is though. I havenet decided what one I will run yet. The DG is brand new, Im sure any ST I find will be used......

Honestly, any of the 3 are going to make roughly the same power, merely because they open up the diameter of the headpipe and allow it to flow smoother through the silencer. Our old 4 strokes don't have an "expansion chamber" like a 2 stroke.

With the better flow, you can upsize your main jet quite a bit and lower your jet needle clip and increase the middle throttle. And although all 3 exhausts can reap these improvements, the DG and Cobra will do it loudly and the Supertrapp has a more throaty sound to it. The only other comparisson is quality. You can buy both a DG and Cobra brand new (are the Cobra aluminum silencers still available?? - IDK??) but you won't have the weight savings and quality of the ST. Also though, most used ST's are not so great but get great money on EBAY and you can end up with an exhaust that won't come apart or the disc mounting threads are junk!

I will say it again though, most used ST exhausts seem top have damage issues. and unless you have the resources to weld aluminum, you might be buying used junk!

With my old 85 200X, I went with a brand new Cobra because it was available, nice looking and CHEAP. Spertrapps can be a miserable hunt.... But man were those other exhausts LOUD as hell and the Cobra ruined plenty of riding spots for me, the land owners said it was "obnoxiously loud"

willrideanythin
11-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Well........... I kinda sorta was the guy that made a good offer on the kicker and ST that was the Bay. It looks great, I cant see the disc threads though, Time will tell. He has sent it out, I should have it by next week.

I plan a flat slide mod as well.Whats the best size to run. Im a carb virgin and this is my first major build. All the other have been bolt on parts, This one is frame up.

SeaBass8
11-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Well........... I kinda sorta was the guy that made a good offer on the kicker and ST that was the Bay. It looks great, I cant see the disc threads though, Time will tell. He has sent it out, I should have it by next week.

LOL... So your trying to see how you did with your offer?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/SeaBass888/SuperTrapp.jpg

I pay'd about 120$ (including shipping) for mine about 8 months ago. I got the headpipe and silencer in seperate auctions off fleabay.

Was that kicker for an 87? The 87s have the larger shaft.

Good luck with the build. I'm doing an 86 now and its taking me forever. Alot longer than I thought it was gonna take.

SeaBass8

Dirtcrasher
11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
A 3WW member got me 2 of these at "dealer pricing" :naughty:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/NewSuperTrapp.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/NewSupertrapp2.jpg

Although they still weren't cheap, they are super sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

They mount up on both generation X's and the 350X.

Unfortunately, Supertrapp THREW AWAY!! the jigs for making up the front portion or stinger for the 86/87 200X.

I'm sure the headpipe jig is gone also and they seem to be very rare!! I think a Cobra or DG headpipe can be made to work and they have about a 1.375" ID whereas the stocker is just about 1"......

SeaBass8
11-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh man! That is nice.

Is that something thats still in production or NOS?

SeaBass8

bigpimpin
11-09-2008, 06:21 PM
A 3WW member got me 2 of these at "dealer pricing" :naughty:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/NewSuperTrapp.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/NewSupertrapp2.jpg

Although they still weren't cheap, they are super sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

They mount up on both generation X's and the 350X.

Unfortunately, Supertrapp THREW AWAY!! the jigs for making up the front portion or stinger for the 86/87 200X.

I'm sure the headpipe jig is gone also and they seem to be very rare!! I think a Cobra or DG headpipe can be made to work and they have about a 1.375" ID whereas the stocker is just about 1"......

so this piece is still available?

Dirtcrasher
11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
so this piece is still available?

It was made this past summer

Like I said though - the stinger and headpipe are discontinued and GONEZO!! The new can your looking at is nothing inexpensive.......... But, I went that route because all the used stuff is junk!

honda250sx
11-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Ditto! J-U-N-K. Better get those mounted and dirty already Steve. Come on now!

Dirtcrasher
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Ditto! J-U-N-K. Better get those mounted and dirty already Steve. Come on now!

I'm sorry..... :cry: If it weren't for you I'd have NOTHING!

In the past 6 months I installed AC in my home, a tank-less Rinnai water heater in moms home, went to TF08 and built an 86 200X from scratch and 100 other small projects..... It's honestly very overwhelming most of the time!!

Now that I work 5 full days a week - and usually Saturday with sidework - it's tough to find the time and or motivation to get things done!

Hell, after 2 Sudco employees were useless - even with sizes and markings on the carburetor body - it took me another 2 more weeks to do all the legwork FOR them before I could get my order rolling. I hope it's right or it will just be another stumbling block :(