PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on the 350X Powroll?

edog
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
The 393cc kit with the stroker crank=430cc

I want some feedback on this combo.

Daddio
11-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't have any info on it but there IS no replacement for displacement.

P.S. I've had some problems when posting today too. Hope I didn't piz you off earlier.:postwhore

edog
11-01-2008, 10:07 PM

P.S. I've had some problems when posting today too. Hope I didn't piz you off earlier.:postwhore

shens shens shens

willrideanythin
11-01-2008, 11:53 PM

Thats a motto of the past. Times have changed.

Mosh
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Does the engine you have run good?

I mean,just work with what you have..............

You strike me as one of those guys that just want to build something,to it's max potential, But yet the rider potential needs to be improved, on the stock level..

I say learn to ride it with minimal to no mods. And I mean ride the thing stock to it's max potential. Post some pics of you climbing some hills, or hitting some jumps with at least 4 feet of air................ Once you have mastered that, then go bigger on the engine mods.....Why in the world would you want to molest a stock good running 350X engine, if you will never use it?

Forget the bigbore, and get the roller cam bearing mod done.................

Daddio
11-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Thats a motto of the past. Times have changed.

Are you trying to say that if you add another 45cc that you won't experience any noticeable power gains?:wondering

The Goat
11-02-2008, 02:56 AM
compared to portwork and a needlebearing highlift cam coupled with upgraded valves. Yeah that 45cc increase means jack.

edog
11-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Does the engine you have run good?

I mean,just work with what you have..............

You strike me as one of those guys that just want to build something,to it's max potential, But yet the rider potential needs to be improved, on the stock level..

I say learn to ride it with minimal to no mods. And I mean ride the thing stock to it's max potential. Post some pics of you climbing some hills, or hitting some jumps with at least 4 feet of air................ Once you have mastered that, then go bigger on the engine mods.....Why in the world would you want to molest a stock good running 350X engine, if you will never use it?

Forget the bigbore, and get the roller cam bearing mod done.................

Thanks for the advice.

Do the stock cams ride on an aluminum surface like the 200X?

SWIGIN
11-02-2008, 10:18 AM
just read that last page of my ascott head swap thread to see what a 460cc 350x does to clutchs and what it takes to keep them alive.

a 430 wouldnt be as bad but close.....and to the guys who say dont waist your time or big cubes aint worth it, all i got to say is i'll take a warmed up 460 over a built 302 any day.

the only way to make tree ripping torque down low is rotating mass and big cc....poeting, roller cam, valves are great and need to be use to a big motor more then a little one since it needs more air. but adding those to a 350 will just raise the power band and not keep it a down low tree puller.

just remember....even tho he might not finish it and he might not ride it, it's no reason not to learn and try to build a different motor

willrideanythin
11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Are you trying to say that if you add another 45cc that you won't experience any noticeable power gains?:wondering

NO no not at all. Im just saying bigger isnt the only way. Take my wifes KFX700. They (the powers that be make a mean 715 kit for it. That 715 kit with clutch work valves compression etc smokes the 800 kits. Smaller machines beat bigger ones all the time. Itsnot like in the 70s-80s where bigger was better.

SWIGIN
11-02-2008, 11:35 AM
NO no not at all. Im just saying bigger isnt the only way. Take my wifes KFX700. They (the powers that be make a mean 715 kit for it. That 715 kit with clutch work valves compression etc smokes the 800 kits. Smaller machines beat bigger ones all the time. Itsnot like in the 70s-80s where bigger was better.

so your saying you built a smaller motor to run with/beat bigger ones?

wow....thats a new concept....lol

i think thats what he is trying to here with his 350x motor, but dont forget we ARE talking an 80s motor here.

not a high tech hunk of metal by any means

SWIGIN
11-02-2008, 11:38 AM

so your saying you built a smaller motor to run with/beat bigger ones?

wow....thats a new concept....lol

i think thats what he is trying to do here with his 350x motor, but dont forget we ARE talking an 80s motor here.

not a high tech hunk of metal by any means....it needs alittle more help to keep up with the newer bikes.

Yamada
11-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I think he means
715 cc kit with clutch, work valves, higher compression
v.s.
800 cc big bore kit
Just a big bore kit without some work and bolt-on parts his nothing...

NOS_350X
11-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Time and time again my 350x (thats still a 350) beast bigger motors. I dont see the point in going bigger when you dont even know what it can do in the 350 form. No point in BB ing a stock bike. Take care of some other performace items first.

willrideanythin
11-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Or all at once, Like my DVX.

WIkid500
11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Build it and they will come I say! Lol the only gripe I have about Powroll and their big bore kits is they don't move the jug out, rather they shorten the rod when they move it out on the crank. This causes for extreme rod angles, meaning increased wear, and friction, causing a power loss. For my 200x I am going to rebuild the top end, port the head, cam ect. Get the top flowing and working efficiently as possible, it will run good. Then I'm going to do some machine work on a crank moving the rod out and keeping the same length rod, machine a spacer plate and find a new cam chain that is longer. This will keep the rod more vertical to the crank as it's going around, thus increasing stroke and becoming more efficient than a powroll kit.

The Goat
11-03-2008, 03:25 PM
add to the fact that even with a grand in hand powroll guys are pricks

johnny's X
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Tom Carlson..edog you need call tom and tc racing in warren PA. He will build you a motor like no other. bigger cdi,new carb, custom pipe and all the goodies to go into the motor. He is not a cheap date but he is number 1 when it comes to the 200x or 350x motors. Just throughing it out there.

SWIGIN
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Tom Carlson..edog you need call tom and tc racing in warren PA. He will build you a motor like no other. bigger cdi,new carb, custom pipe and all the goodies to go into the motor. He is not a cheap date but he is number 1 when it comes to the 200x or 350x motors. Just throughing it out there.

his stroker cranks are trash, the way he does them and then welds them they arnt rebuildable and they always break at the welds.

he is the king of the old motors but id use a powroll crank and get him to do the top end.