PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z bogs from silencer re-pack?

The big 3
10-29-2008, 01:14 AM
hey guys, my Z kicks over and idles fine but bogs when i gas it in neutral. i just re-packed the silencer, i wrapped the packing around the tube a couple of times tightly and put some tape around the ends to hold the packing in place.
ive even pulled some of the packing out and it still bogs??
any suggestions??

ATC-Eric
10-29-2008, 01:40 AM
ran fine before?

fouled a plug?

The big 3
10-29-2008, 04:03 AM
yeah it ran fine before, i tried a new plug also

clutchcargo
10-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Make sure you didn't plug up the front hole of the silencer when you pushed the packing back in...just a thought.

mike from long island
10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes make sure there isnt any clogs in the system.I had bought a NOS Phase Five exhayst system for my tri-z.The bike was rebuilt with a fresh motor.But couldnt get it to stay running. After towing it behind another bike.A huge mouse nest had be made in the head pipe.And blew out all over the place.We had to remove the exhaust and clean it all out.Once I got it cleaned and clog free,the bike didnt run at all!!!!!!!!! We realized we had left the on/off switch to the off position. HAHA Turned it to on and bingo!!! Bike ran great and still does.

Go check that exhaust!!!!!!

300rman
10-29-2008, 02:17 PM
could it be just the sound that is decieving you? the new packing should change the sound a bit

The big 3
10-30-2008, 09:46 PM
well i dicked around a bit more, it would backfire and pop then start, it idled normal but would still bog down. so i pulled the plug out and pushed the kicker down by hand a few times and noticed bubbles coming from the base gasket..
wonder how a homemade gasket will hold up