PDA

View Full Version : Project in Progress: 84 Honda 200x (PICS!)

RideRed03
06-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey guys! i finally figured out how to post some pics of one of my trike recently purchased....heres some info.....I saw the poor thing sitting in the parking lot of a halfass mechanic shop.....I was imediately interested because even though it was a mess they are hard to come across around here.....i went the next day when they were open and ask the guy if it was for sale....he said it was a friends and she was sick of it cause she couldnt get it running.....and i was like :o $$$ :o She said to make an offer....so i did, $100....and she sayed it was enough! YUP so i got off real good with a project trike for a mere 100$....it wouldnt start so i check out the stator coil....and it was completely broken off!!! (pic 1) So from the great guy himself (jeswinehart) he sold me a stator coil and cdi unit for $40! Shipping was great and the part was even better....i put it on...cleaned the carb....adjusted the valves.....adjusted timing.....tightened up chain....lubed everything....and fired it up! and with only 5 kicks it was running...not running great but alot better than i had expected....i had carburator problems so i pulled her all apart again to find out what the deal was.....took awhile but then realize the needle clip was bent.....and throttle cable needed replacement.....i inserted the clip and replaced throttle cable and gave it another attempt....SUCCESS!! it was accomplished and the trike was running the best it probably had in a long time......so i sanded down the trike....for now i gave it the ol spray paint look and let it dry....she still has lots of problems...thats why its still a project in progress....trike still needs rear fenders and seat, possible rear bearings, recharges rear shock, left front shock valve, kill switch, some electrical attachments, REAL paintjob, stickers, new handle bars, new grab bar, carb rebuild kit, left side chain tensioner, chainguard, fix stripped exhaust inner threads and whatever i come across ..... But still this is a beauty for only a $160 so far..... here are some pics of the process

Josh

If anyone has any of the parts i need lemme know please!

RideRed03
06-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Here are some part pics...i didnt have a pic of the whole trike before i started :oops:

RideRed03
06-25-2003, 11:00 PM
here she is as of right now......more to complete.....

HemiChallenger71
06-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Cool man I like your fenders... hehe

RideRed03
06-25-2003, 11:59 PM
100% genuine 50 gallon chemical drum!!! but yes they can with the trike....im not that creative :D :D

Josh

Darius1502
06-26-2003, 02:22 AM
Well I admire you for taking on the project. Keep it up. It is really sad what some idots do to trikes. People like you keep the sport alive and keep these great bikes alive....

It will get there. IF I were you I would take all those parts off that frame and get it repainted. That will always get you off it a good start and keep the project clean. A clean project always comes out better because you are starting with a clean project...a stripped and fresh painted frame.

You will find yourself putting more quality parts and quality time into the assembly because the frame looks so nice you won't want to lower to quality of the machines image.

Thats just how my project worked out and it worked! Keep up the good work....

We are PROUD OF YOU

kilabeez0
06-26-2003, 07:26 AM
Congrats on your deal. I just got an 83 200x in worse shape for $250! We're on the same boat. If u have any questions let me know, maybe I can help. good luck.

RideRed03
06-26-2003, 09:10 PM
I wanna thank everyone for there help and continue help for the future.....I couldnt have done it with out the "Fam"!!!! Thanks ALL especially John! ALL YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!

I plan to powdercoat it as soon as i get the funds...i will do the same to my 185s.....

I love trikes and i too hate to see people destroy them.....its not like u can go down and get a NEW ONE!!!

Thanks Again!!!!
Josh

bakeban
06-29-2003, 12:55 PM
wow that sounds just like what i just went through. my boss gave me a 84 200x that he was going to junk. i took it home and the rod broke 15 min after i got it running. then i put a 50 over piston in it i got off of ebay and just yesterday i rebuilt the carb. I grew up on a 110 and i missed it. now that i have this awsome 200x it takes me back. 3 WHEELERS RULE!!!!!

350Xccelerator
06-29-2003, 02:13 PM
get some new fenders and a seat cover and it will look amazing, nice work im sure it feels good to have it running.

Andrew
06-29-2003, 03:50 PM
that ytm200 front fender looks great on that 200x! lol ,but seriously i am in the same boat as u too(85 T3 resto project)i wish u the best of luck,bring her back to life! -D

RideRed03
07-08-2003, 01:03 PM
yeah we all know the PLEASURE of rebuilding the stuff that people have taking advantage of.....last weekend i saw a 350x that seriously pissed me off....guy just trashed it and trashed it some more...i felt so bad for the trike i offered him some money....he didnt want to sell it! So i had to leave the poor thing there....i still have his number for when it breaks down!!!

Coty
07-08-2003, 01:40 PM
when i got my 200x it looked worse than yours, but here it is now, i am thinking of customizing it this winter......

and my camera is a POS.... :twisted:

kilabeez0
07-08-2003, 05:59 PM
hey anyone come across an extended axle or swing arm???