PDA

View Full Version : bUYING A 350X

Bransharksfan
10-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I am going to look at a 350x tonight. I need to know what to look for and watch out for.

The guy said that the plastics a ruff (I dont really care about that) he said that he put in a rubber oil drain plug because he felt that he might strip it putting in the metal one. Also he said that it is hard to start and that it helps to wear riding boots because of the kick needed to start it.

Its an 86 350x and he posted it for 700 and I asked him if he would do 500 he lives about 3 hours from me and with my truck that deinks gas like an alcoholic it will cost a bit to go see it!

Dirtcrasher
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Really, anything can be fixed pretty cheap. Plastic will run you 250$, tires and rims about the same.... The big thing with the 350X is does it smoke? does it tick and does it get up and go....

Low oil levels and backwards filters (Hi TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!) will ruin the head and thats mucho bucks to fix.

We can talk about bearings and bent forks and rusty tanks - thats all common stuff to look at any purchase. It's an 86 so the frames usually don't have a problem. But of course, look it all over, take your time and point out any beat up stuff.

Everything else is gravy.

Beat up 350X - 300$ to 800$. Expect to pay 1000$ to 1700$ for a nice 350X and hundreds more for OEM, all stock and mint.

GREAT TIME TO BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

edog
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
And don't forget to get a MANUAL......if you get it.

Texas 200x
10-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Man weren't you just looking at a 70 and a mojave? I thought you just got a 200x and now on to 350x's! You can never have too many trikes though!:TrikesOwn

tanks350x
10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Really, anything can be fixed pretty cheap. Plastic will run you 250$, tires and rims about the same.... The big thing with the 350X is does it smoke? does it tick and does it get up and go....

Low oil levels and backwards filters (Hi TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!) will ruin the head and thats mucho bucks to fix.

GREAT TIME TO BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I made up my mind to show you it and found the problem, and didn't ruin it ,,I,, :lol: