PDA

View Full Version : New to 3 wheels

SoulvilleUSA
10-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Hello all,

I just bought a Yamaha 225? (I now know what to look for after reading some threads and will update my signature with my model when I get home.) this past Friday. I basically just wanted something to get me out in the woods and bring a deer back with me.... but this thing is a blast to ride. I used to do some dirt bike riding back in the early 80s in my youth, but went straight to a goldwing after that and have been a tourer ever since... I feel a wild hair growing again.

I'll check back in soon with some pics of the trike.

Looking forward to learning much from y'all!

Sterling; aka SoulvilleUSA, aka The Scotsman

350xrider911
10-20-2008, 10:58 PM
thats were you went wrong going with a yamaha

Dammit!
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Nice way to great a new member. :crazy:

Nothing wrong with buying a Yamaha. Welcome to the boards! :welcome:

SoulvilleUSA
10-20-2008, 11:13 PM

Don't hate on it... I ride a Honda VTX1800R with all the bits and pieces as my main fun machine.... it already feels like the ugly duckling parked next to it.

Thanks for the welcome.... Dammit! :-)

.... and I've always wanted to be greated! lol!

bring the pain, guys.... I can take it.

SYKO
10-20-2008, 11:24 PM
welcome to the boards... someone told me to bring it.. so here I am.... THE PAIN.... no not really... Edog is the pain.... pain in da azz... any way POST PICS!

Daddio
10-20-2008, 11:34 PM
:welcome: :TrikesOwn Looks like you came to the right place. :crazy:

Vealmonkey
10-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Welcome to the boards. If you don't post pics soon edog will bring you the pain!!!! LOL

SoulvilleUSA
10-21-2008, 03:04 AM
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/data/500/DX_225_2.jpg

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/photopost/data/500/DX_225.jpg

Here's some pics....geesh....make a guy go out in the middle of the night...

It is evidently a DX model... will have to wait for daylight to go look for the year. It has a DG muffler conversion and runs like ... I believe someone described one as a "raped ape".... that fits.

I'm already doing some shopping around for it. The rear tires have a bit of dry rot and seem to leak air over time.

I found some newer tires on craigslist... will start another thread with the question on whether they will fit or not.

Jonpin
10-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Great man welcome to the boards its a great place here, if i dont check it out every day i start to lose myself ,You will probly notice now that you have pics people on this forum love trail pros like you have as a front tire, those tires have been know to make passes at peoples wives and hurt loved ones find a trail pro thead there great:).:welcome: :TrikesOwn

Threes company
10-21-2008, 08:39 AM
:welcome: Hey welcome aboard Bro........ careful.....they multiply!! :eek:

SYKO
10-21-2008, 08:44 AM
I god... the horror!!! its like bloody marry when I saw the pic the trail pro came out of my screen and tried to slash my throte!

Gag_Halfront
10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
I have a DR that I just love. It was my first trike when I got back into riding after a 15 year break. Of course, now I have seven of the damned things... They do tend to start to take over your life. The YTM225 is a wheelie machine, for sure. I find that mine really loves to come up when you grab a handfull of throttle from a slow 2nd gear roll.

The only major thing that's gone wrong with mine so far is that I had the battery fall out while riding. Check your battery tie-down. Make sure it's secure, then go beat the snot out of that bike. It'll take it.

SoulvilleUSA
10-21-2008, 05:45 PM
The YTM225 is a wheelie machine, for sure. I find that mine really loves to come up when you grab a handfull of throttle from a slow 2nd gear roll.

The only major thing that's gone wrong with mine so far is that I had the battery fall out while riding. Check your battery tie-down. Make sure it's secure, then go beat the snot out of that bike. It'll take it.

Yep, I have unintentionally done some sky-gazing.... especially the first few times I took it out before I got the carb good and clean and adjusted.... I gave it a good bit of throttle as I kicked it into first gear... it burped once, f#*ted, then took off like the aforementioned raped ape... darn near tipped the thing all the way over the first time I was on it. I got the innards all clean now and adjusted... it still runs a little rough, but so do I.

fabiodriven
10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
:shiftyeyes: Trail-pro:shiftyeyes:

edog
10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
:welcome: :TrikesOwn

225's are trikes to.

Get a manual.

:shiftyeyes: Trail pros rock:shiftyeyes:

bigred1
10-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Welcome to the boards

tanks350x
10-21-2008, 07:20 PM
welcome to the boards, looks like that yamy is in pretty good shape good luck with it

Autophysn
10-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Welcome! I have never owned a yellow bike, but I am sure you will love being on three wheels!