PDA

View Full Version : Newer parts for l/c 250r???

Brockey
10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I am wanting to build a 85/86 250r and have some questions. There is hardly any parts around here for these bikes so instead of having to buy everything and get it shipped I am wondering if any other swingarm and rear axle will fit the 250r frame? Say from a newer quad etc without having to modifiy anything. Also what rear shock would fit without having to do much or any work? And another one of the bigger items would be the front forks. What forks could I use from a dirtbike without mods that would work well for a 250r? And before anyone gets poisoned with all my questions. What Rads will fit? cr250 parts fit?
Thxs.

Yamada
10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Do a search here on the forum for trx 450R swingarm. There is already a couple a member that have done this swap.

200x newby
10-19-2008, 12:33 PM
yes the 450r swinger will work with no mods other than using the stock baring collars from the 250r is all i had to do. i am running a 450r shock but i had to section my frame and re route my exhuast to do that but others just bolted it right in. front ends you would just better better off to find a complete front end than look for trips forks brakes axle. save on shipping to. i dont know about the radiators but im sure you could even get a pair of crf450r rads to work with a little but of modification. good luck keep us posted!

Brockey
10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Thxs for the responses guys. I;m gonna call my buddies spot tomarrow. He owns the local used parts place and see what he can dig up for me in parts and then take it from there. I'll keep ye posted.

Taiser
10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah the 85/86 are interchangeable, might want to look at the 250r quad, but I'm not sure on that one.

I built my 250r with all the parts coming from e-gay...shipping is ok, if you are near the border and can ship to a US address. We get ROYALLY screwed by customs on shipping, + the bastards charge you a broker fees!!! There is a store in my parts in the US on the border that take delivery of your parcels for 2 bucks, no matter the size, worked out great, but only works if it's not far (about 40 minutes in my case). Dollar is taking a dive, so it may not be worth it anymore :( , glad I got all I needed when the buck was at 1.05! :D

SYKO
10-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I have a complete 05 trx 450r swinger, with a durablue+4 axle, trx caliper and a 400ex shock all that stuf works great!