PDA

View Full Version : 200x head swap 200 ???

krock71
10-18-2008, 03:31 AM
let kid ride and now it smokes,had the head howned ,had some water scaring still put back together still smoked,gonna add new oil tomorrow cause looked like it was runny,will 200 something e or s fit (piston rings head ect.)they look the same.just thought i would ask,first repair,must be simular to cars cause got lucky with the timing it today,started right up with no damage..have parts bike 200x but it wont die so dont want to tear it down (thrasher) thanks

bigred1
10-18-2008, 08:00 AM
All the 200 models at least within the same generation basically have the same top end but the X model has higher comp ratio. I don't understand though if you have a parts bike with good engine then swap it out thats what a parts bike is for? At least you'll have a rider while you get the other engine fixed right. But maybe I misunderstood you comment?

4 wheels?
10-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Make sure it is 10-40 oil you put in. I had 10-30 in my x, the clutch slipped from 3/4ths throttle and up. Put some 10-40 in and now it doesn't even slip. Mine needs a new bore and piston but it seemed like it smoked less now because of the 10-40. My x is an 84 and it is almost as close to running parts you can have. Thats going to change soon hopefully :)

krock71
10-18-2008, 01:37 PM
thanks,parts bike gonna let the kid thrash more,gotta keep him off my good ones,buying a head today,my piston looked great it was the head had pits in it at the top,head shop says from water,wich the kid was riding in when this happened,thanks for your responses,going riding now couldnt ask for better weather 70 out biose ,id

firehart
10-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome krock71, hope to ride with you soon. I'll try to make it over to your place with the parts bike.