PDA

View Full Version : is there any performance parts for 85 ATC 110???

chacho
10-15-2008, 06:27 PM
hey im lookin for performance parts for the 1985 ATC 110 i have
just wondering if there was any websites that anybody might know of...

thanks

Vealmonkey
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, with some searching and some luck on ebay you can find cams, big bore and high compression pistons, and sometime both big bore and high compression pistons, exhaust and air filter. You can put the later model engines in an earlier aftermarket frame. You can change sprockets. You can use heavier duty clutch springs and better than stock clutches. And that is about it. You can match port your intake and head which is pretty simple and use a slightly larger carb. But my question is why? Why don't you just get a bigger engined trike. These mods aren't cheap and you'll have more money into the trike than you would a 185 or 200 trike, or if you shop around a 200x that needs work. And you'll still have a hardtail, stamped steel frame-definite weak point, that has a hi/lo gearbox which is also a definite hinderance. If you went with the earlier model atc90 engine, there are more choices and you could even use different engine cases that would let you have a clutch and electric start and do away with the hi/lo gearbox. But if you went with a larger engined trike you wouldn't have to deal with any of that. Heck, I even has 185s frame with suspension kits on them so you could have suspension or you could even find an old 200x frame and bolt a 185 or 200cc engine into it and have an auto-x. You would have way better suspension than a hardtail, more displacement. Your hop up options would be better too and you would have disc brakes front and rear. I have a hopped up atc90 so I know what I'm talking about. If money is a problem, all the mods to the 110 aren't going to be cheap or free. Not trying to talk you out of doing what you want, just trying to give you a little better info. Good luck no matter what you decide to do and have fun.