PDA

View Full Version : '89 250R clutch update kit

RichinMO
06-24-2003, 04:36 PM
What is involved in installing this kit? Can you do it just by removing the clutch cover or do you have to take the clutch basket out too or more? I've never been into the bottom end before, but I'm putting in new clutch plates soon so thought I would tackle this too if not too hard.

This is the part number for the whole kit, right? 06220-HB9-305

skippy
06-24-2003, 07:49 PM
yepper, thats the right part number.. and its an easy install.. pull the clutch cover and replace the parts w the new ones.. you will have a smoother operation! what about your springs?

RichinMO
06-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Actually I'm getting a clutch plate kit with both sets of plates and new springs too. The ones in the bike now are kinda fried together for some reason. It happened once before, like when its shut off and put in gear with the clutch pulled in, you couldn't roll it, till finally it came loose and worked fine. Now after that ride, its locked together tight.

So I don't need any special tools to install this update? Clutch basket stays on?

thanks, Rich

skippy
06-25-2003, 10:44 PM
thats correct no special tools.. you might want to load the basket off the bike anyway.. i thk its only a difference of one nut, and make sure you soak your plates in oil prior to installing.. get yourself an 89 clutch page so you can see where the replacment parts go, versuses what you have..service honda has one i thk..