PDA

View Full Version : klt 250 various ty 175

snowwolf
10-12-2008, 02:47 PM
which one of this two is better the 250 or the 175 im going to get one or the other but not shour of wich on the both run and need tlc

SYKO
10-12-2008, 03:55 PM
well if TRR was still around he would tell you how he won all kinds of TF events on his 250 and that it could go 80mph and planned on racing flat track with it....

other then that I got nothing..........

Dirtcrasher
10-12-2008, 04:24 PM
It would be better to find something that you can find parts for a bit easier.

Choosing between modern models is all about personal preference but when the trike you want to buy is 20 YO+ you have to realize that you WILL need parts sooner or later.........

Just get a fricken HONDA will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

snowwolf
10-12-2008, 06:34 PM
i have ben looking for a 250r in my price rang and now luck

Vealmonkey
10-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok, do you mean a yt175 or a ty175? A yt175 is a yamaha trimoto175 trike. The ty175 is a trials 175 motorcycle. A yt 175 is a good trike. Alot of people don't like them because of their design. The engine sits kind of low and far back. They are quite the wheelie machine. You still can get most parts. There are hop up parts you can get. Used parts aren't that bad. They have a suspension front end and you can still manage to find on occasion the rear suspension kits. They are 2 stroke, so they are pretty easy to work on. There are a couple engines you can swap in to give the trike a kickstart and clutch if you want. Sadly, maier does not make fenders for them, so new replacement fenders are tough to find, but if you don't mind decent used fenders then you will have no problem. They are pretty quick for what they are and they have been know to spank a 200x or 2, especially with the rear suspension kit. The best hop up for one is a decent aftermarket exhaust. Bassani is the best if you can find one, then DG. There were a couple other pipe makers, but they are very hard to find. They respond well to porting and better reeds just like any other 2 stroke. Also, it is best to disable the oil injection system and premix your gas. Good luck with whatever choice you make.