PDA

View Full Version : Getting my second trike!

saturnthegiant
10-10-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm picking up this little jewel Sunday:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/spo/861080499.html

He says it's a 1983 200e, as far as i can tell he is right. Looks as though it's gonna need some work on the brake handles and the headlight, and a front fender- i already found a fender for it on egay. And as you can see, the rear plastic is a little shabby but i can deal with it.

Are these classified as a Big Red? I've been told different things, that these weren't actually a big red, some tell me they were. I knew someone on here would know!

Anyway, my friend is kinda "in between jobs" and can't afford his own trike so now i can have someone to ride with, as long as my 125m is ok with him. But, i really wanted a trike for hunting and the 125m doesn't have racks or anything, this 200e will work better for that.

I have a headlight off an "85 Big Red- does anyone think it could be made to work temporarily? let me know what you all think---- once i get this one home i'll post pics of my little trike family--- several of you told me i'd be addicted when i first came on board-- well you were right!

4 wheels?
10-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah they are a big red. My 84 es was looking close to that when i got it. Slapped some new fenders on and its great now. They do make good hunting trikes. I haven't got it stuck yet.

saturnthegiant
10-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Hopefully i won't get this one stuck either!!!! We do have some sticky type mud they call "gumbo" here though! Any tips for mudding? Kick it down in low gear?

4 wheels?
10-11-2008, 06:44 AM
It should be good if you have tires that don't suck up the mud. The low gear works really well.

chris200x
10-11-2008, 06:57 AM
wooley boogers or mudlites are fantastic tires for those kind of trikes. My tip is hammer it and hold on! :w00t:

devilman
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
is that weed eater string coming out of the pull start?

saturnthegiant
10-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Nah, the pullstart rope is green, that's just where the dude tied it through the handle when he put a new one on. I got the thing home after a 3 hour drive and man, it's a runner!!!! Starts on the first hit of the button. I've been riding a 125m for the last few weeks, so i was amazed at the power the 200e has. It needs the new fender of course, and the headlight assembly is shot. I have one off an '85 big red that i'm gonna try to make work for now.

Autophysn
10-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Congrats! Looks good! I am sure you could get the headlight to work

carscomefirst
10-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Suprised I missed that ad. Congrats:pics: :pics: