PDA

View Full Version : 350x in snow?????

dlgorie@yahoo.c
10-09-2008, 12:27 AM
i was wondering how 350x's handle in snow? i have a near mint 350x with all original tires and i was wondering how it would handle and do in the snow. i'm from florida and never ridden in snow before. i might go to upstate NY up in the mountains this winter and i was thinking about bringing my trike. my boss has a snowmobile up there too and they are fun but i really want to bring the 350 just dont know if its worth it or what to expect????

dlgorie@yahoo.c
10-09-2008, 01:05 AM
not sure if the pic will come out good but here it is

aldochina
10-09-2008, 01:25 AM
That looks like a real sweet 350, I'd only ride something that nice in the snow. I'm from just outside of albany, ny where abouts upstate are you headed? 3 wheelers are a blast in the snow as long as its not a foot deep. The 350 has plenty of power and torque to motor through some pretty good snow though.

dlgorie@yahoo.c
10-09-2008, 01:45 AM
im not sure how to spell it but aderondac mountains. my boss has a cabin up there and an '08 yamaha sled. yah, i dont ride the 350x much around here just sometimes down the street to a small lake where i fish.... i love the bike and its in real nice shape. no cracks in plastic and seat is perfect and so is the gas tank. nicest trike ive owned and ive had many.....3 atc 200s's, atc 110, atc 185s, atc 90, atc 200m, '84 250r, '86 350x, an '87 bigred, and a very strange '86 200x with a silver motor, and of course the '85 350x. what tires would be good?

aldochina
10-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Dude the (Adirondacks) are sweet, I just got back from Saranack Lake on sunday. If your from florida and youve never seen the dacks, your in for a treat. What part are you going to? the adirondack park is enormous its several million acres, and hundreds of lakes. Its 10 times the size of any parks out west. Snowmobiles are big up there, I dont know how they feel about trikes. They would probably get pissed thinking your tearing up there groomed trails.:rolleyes: stock tires are probably fine, but some wooly boggers would be better.

dlgorie@yahoo.c
10-09-2008, 02:16 AM
yah ive never been up there and also never ridden a trike in the snow...... ive seen some crazy pics of three wheelers in the snow though and it looks like a blast!! would a ski up front be better than the front tire? i have a set of new mudlite tires on another set of rims i could use.... i try to limit the use of the stock tires...

aldochina
10-09-2008, 02:33 AM
better dress warm, its a long way from florida. Bet you will have a ball, and be begging your boss to bring you back. The mudlites will work fine, I dont think the snow will bother those precious ohtsu's though. When are you supposed to be going? There is already snow on the tops of the high peaks of Keene Valley.

Autophysn
10-09-2008, 02:42 AM
:pics: lets see some pics

aldochina
10-09-2008, 02:46 AM
:pics: lets see some pics

of the Adirondacks?

dlgorie@yahoo.c
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
maybe some 350x snow pics??? has anyone ever put a ski up front intsead of the front tire? and would i have to change the jetting ?

TriMotoMan
10-09-2008, 11:16 AM
u should get maxxis for snow tires for the rears

225DX DUDE
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Here is a 225DR with a ski up front instead of the tire. Its a video of it driving in the snow too. Click it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsX_sVJViM

nd4speed
10-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I have only riden this Tecate in the snow:
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=60994&page=3

The deeper the snow the more it sucks. The rear wants to spin and pivot around the front tire. Studs are a good idea. I mostly ride on lakes. I rode it through like 6-8 inches 5th gear pinned and was not going very fast. A family was making an ice rink on a channel I drive down and I had to drive through their snowbank they made which was atleast 12 inches deep and the whole length of the rink.. 2nd gear screaming along at a wopping inch an hour with all of them staring at me. One guy was looked pissed later and his dog was goin nuts and tryin to chase me.

They could have called the DNR cause I am supposed to stay away from ice rinks.