PDA

View Full Version : 84 250R forks question

BlueWheeler
06-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Hey guys I was screwing around with the 250r today since it is too cold to take it out. I was playing with the forks and noticed there is like a tire valve at the top of each tube. So I poked it with a screw driver and air came out and the front end dropped a bit. I poked the other one and the front end dropped a bit more. To where it actually looks like where it is supposed to be. It still has plenty of dampening but now it is not pegged all the way out like there were under pressure.

My qestion is how much pressure should I run in there? What the heck are those valves for exactly ? Just AIR ??

lisnup65
06-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Hey guys I was screwing around with the 250r today since it is too cold to take it out. I was playing with the forks and noticed there is like a tire valve at the top of each tube. So I poked it with a screw driver and air came out and the front end dropped a bit. I poked the other one and the front end dropped a bit more. To where it actually looks like where it is supposed to be. It still has plenty of dampening but now it is not pegged all the way out like there were under pressure.

My qestion is how much pressure should I run in there? What the heck are those valves for exactly ? Just AIR ??
The valves are just for air. Its recommended to try and run at atmospheric pressure which is what you are doing after releasing the air.

TimSr
06-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Atmosphere is the standard setting but make sure there is no weight on the forks when you bleed the air out. Forks must be fully extended. If they are not fully extended and you bleed to atmosheric pressure, they will be under vacuum when they do extend.

BlueWheeler
06-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Thank you very much guys. i thought it had too much pressure in they cause the front end was really really harsh. When I would go over something it would spring right back and feel like it was hitting when it came back. Now she feels very nice

BlueWheeler
06-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Well I got time to jack it up and let the fork depress completly and I let air into both tubes via the valves and then let the front end back down and now it is so much better. I used to have to drop my weight on the front end to get it to go down at all. I cannot wait to take it out to SL this week and see how she does.