PDA

View Full Version : useless dealerships, help me find parts

jonesie5387
10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
SO i have a ytm200k. so i figure ill go to my local yamaha dealer and find out how much some parts are, well it turns out that my ytm is way to outdated and the kid behind the counter had no idea what it even was. So now i have no idea where to get parts. I live in ny anyone have any advice or parts??????

rdlsz24
10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I use these guys http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

http://www.bikebandit.com/yamaha-motorcycle-parts/oem-parts is also popular

Get oem parts shipped to you for cheaper than your local dealer

Rob

fabiodriven
10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Bikebandit is awesome, although alot of guys on here keep telling me to try Service Honda. I guess they don't just do Honda, they do everything.

I went through the same thing you did a few years back with the local Kawi dealer. Not only were they retardedly expensive and took forever to order everything, but I'd always get funny looks and comments from the jerks behind the counter because I ride a three wheeler.

aldochina
10-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I use bike bandit, and always have been happy, I also use Hidy Honda Powersports, out of Ohio. They have oem parts that are alot cheaper than bike bandit, but the shipping is a little more. 9 times out of 10 its cheaper to order from HHP. I also am in ny

LonesomeTriZ
10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I used a Yamaha dealership back home that was awsome. They always helped me get what I needed and gave me a discount.

The one where I live now should just burn to the ground. I just filed a complaint with the BBB becuase of thier crap.

But anyhoo, post the parts you are looking for, I am sure some one here might have them.

rdlsz24
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I also use Hidy Honda Powersports, out of Ohio. They have oem parts that are alot cheaper than bike bandit, but the shipping is a little more. 9 times out of 10 its cheaper to order from HHP. I also am in ny

Looks like the site I posted above (http://www.cyclepartsnation.com) has them beat in prices. I haven't been able to find them any cheaper online. Shipping always sucks though.

Rob

POS 250sx
10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Theres a shop a few miles from me called Lock City Cycle they deal with older hondas, i dont think they sell nething new. They told me they will order me anything I could want for my SX plus they usually have it in stock. Honda dealership 1/2 mile from my house has most things but are a little more expensive. I dont know if they have a website are nething but LCC is awesome they have used starters for bigreds and SXs on display for $90.00. i wanted to buy one but my kick works and other stuff is more important. One day i was in there they were working on some guys yellow trike i didnt see what it was.

hublake
10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I use my Honda dealer as much as possible. If Honda has it I get it from them. I have found most of these other places might be a bit cheaper but they then charge you shipping. My Honda dealer does not charge me any shipping. The only things I have gotten from someplace else have been bearings, their bearings are out of this world on price.

Eric250R
10-09-2008, 01:26 AM
I can get you pretty much anything you want for it. ( have my own shop ) But I'm not as big as the other guys so I probably can't compete with there shipping costs.

aldochina
10-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Looks like the site I posted above (http://www.cyclepartsnation.com) has them beat in prices. I haven't been able to find them any cheaper online. Shipping always sucks though.

Rob

looks like a nice sight, easy to navigate, but the few items i compared to HHP's prices, like fork boots, dampers, handgrips, etc HHP has em beat. Not sure how you figure CPN is cheaper? what are there shipping costs?

Yamahondaman
10-09-2008, 10:00 AM
I used a Yamaha dealership back home that was awsome. They always helped me get what I needed and gave me a discount.

Cahills of Tampa and Zepherhills are pretty cool to deal with .. Grannys YAMAHA of Sarasota suck BAD !!!

DIGGER DOG
10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey lonesome are you talking about x treme lol
maybe try porzio or cols cycle.
are you back yet ??
our house is built and im almost ready to open up shop(side work)

rdlsz24
10-09-2008, 11:53 AM
looks like a nice sight, easy to navigate, but the few items i compared to HHP's prices, like fork boots, dampers, handgrips, etc HHP has em beat. Not sure how you figure CPN is cheaper? what are there shipping costs?

I just did a quick price check on a list of parts I need for my 200x:

Muffler gasket HHP: $9.78 CPN: $9.42
Header gasket HHP: $2.21 CPN: $2.13
Base gasket HHP: $4.83 CPN: $4.65
Head bolt HHP: $4.55 CPN: $4.38
Headlight bulb HHP: $6.16 CPN: $5.94

Maybe on small parts they are cheaper? I didn't check any big ticket items.

Rob

Blown 331
10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Listen to this one. I went to the Kawasaki dealer yesterday looking for a few things for my Tecate. So the parts guy is looking and says, "I don't see a Ducati in here"! Then I say, no TECATE. Then he asked me if it was a Chinese bike! WTF!

Yamada
10-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Listen to this one. I went to the Kawasaki dealer yesterday looking for a few things for my Tecate. So the parts guy is looking and says, "I don't see a Ducati in here"! Then I say, no TECATE. Then he asked me if it was a Chinese bike! WTF!

Next time, bring your trike with you in the truck bed. Drag the parts guy outside and show him what a tecate is...

fabiodriven
10-10-2008, 10:05 AM

OH! I used to get that all the time! I used to have a Ducati monster and I also obviously have Tecates. People would constantly be getting confused as to which one I was talking about.

jonesie5387
10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I can get you pretty much anything you want for it. ( have my own shop ) But I'm not as big as the other guys so I probably can't compete with there shipping costs.

Hey,im looking for a rear rack,headlight, rear brakes,kill switch. Are there any universal parts for it i could use from other bikes? I want to put a pro circut pipe on it too. Please let me kno how much you can get me these parts for. thanks