PDA

View Full Version : 84 250r Help!?!

CuRt
06-23-2003, 11:35 PM
I have a problem with my 250R, I powerwashed it after that it wouldent run for crap cold it cuts out and wants to die wont idle you can pin the gas and it will hesitate and want to die, when it was warmed up it was lagging on power idles fine small miss seems to be there, its got a new plug, I pulled my flywheel off cleaned it all up there was water in there but it still did it cleaned the magnets and everything, pulled my carb off the bowl gasket was ripped but didnt appear to be leaking, pulled my reeds out(boyesen power reeds with less than 5 hours on them) there was junk on the inside on the reeds and hold them up to the light you can see light easily coming though between the reed cage and reeds. Whats wrong with my 250R? Help I leave for silver lake on friday :? .

Thanks
Curtis

CuRt
06-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Well found my problem got my reeds cleaned and gaps closed carb cleaned kicked it over heard a air leak and on the left side my base gasket is blown :evil: .

Curtis

CuRt
06-24-2003, 05:47 PM
Jug off piston has score marks on it where the gasket went Cometic gaskets :evil: looks like silver lake might not happen now.

Curtis