PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Install Help!

homebrew13
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM
i'm needing a little input on a problem installing my new clutch on an 84 250R. the clutch lifter and rod is the area i'm thinking is my problem. i just got done putting in new disks and springs. new springs were almost 3/4" taller than the old ones so i figured this must have been my problem. after easy install and new clutch cable, it still doesn't disengage. almost like its not being pushed out far enough. so onto the rod and lifter. the rod i hear can wear out but mine still looks good. the lifter has 2 holes on the plastic shaft and a ball bearing. is the ball bearing supposed to sit on the bottom of the lifter? or is it supposed to sit between the 2 holes? if it sits on bottom then what are the 2 holes for? heres a link to the area i'm talking about.
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

JethrowMan
10-31-2008, 12:47 AM
hey i dont know if you got this all worked out or what in the world you are talking about with the plastic shaft and all. but i know when i put a new clutch in my 84r, i accidentaly left one of the old disks in the cltch basket along with all the new ones and it had the same problem

homebrew13
10-31-2008, 09:48 AM
yes i got it figured out. it was the cable where it goes into the clutch arm. I had a nut on each side of the bracket instead on both on one side. thanks though