PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Ipone 2stroke oil? vs Amsoil?

roger86200x
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Anyone use Ipone 2stroke oil?? I can get that locally here at an atv dealer...

I've never heard of it before.... its SUPPOSED to be good... full synthetic

Otherwise im gonna buy Amsoil online and wait...

Roger

WIkid500
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
a few years back on one of the sled forums I read up at there was a big post about oils and if I remember correctly some of the guy's swore by it. I would use it if you can get it. I think it smells good too. lol

SCRAMCHARGER318
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
i can tell you i run amsoil in my trike and all my vehicle's and so does my father, it is very good stuff, recommend to anyone, when i first bought my 86 sx i switched it over almost immediately, and i noticed a little more power, but mainly a smoother clutch engagement, as well as the engine running quiter, i know your talkin about 2 strokes but amsoil in my opinion should be run in everthing period.

Daddio
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Amsoil is worth the wait.

300rman
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
i run KLOTZ. never used amsoil, but both are top quality oils. i would go with the oil that is readily availible that is good quality. Honda's HP2, Klotz, Amsoil are probably the 3 best oils out there.
Heard good stuff about blue marble, but never tried it.

i can tell you i run amsoil in my trike and all my vehicle's and so does my father, it is very good stuff, recommend to anyone, when i first bought my 86 sx i switched it over almost immediately, and i noticed a little more power, but mainly a smoother clutch engagement, as well as the engine running quiter, i know your talkin about 2 strokes but amsoil in my opinion should be run in everthing period.

remember to watch amsoil or any synthetic in wet-clutch applications. the wrong stuff will cause MAJOR clutch slippage.

fabiodriven
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
What is this, the third two-stroke oil thread in 20 hours? Go to 2-stroke oil .com or something-

SCRAMCHARGER318
10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
amsoil makes a special motorcycle oil designed to run with both style clutches, it's about 8:50$ a quart but well worth it.

300rman
10-07-2008, 12:31 PM
amsoil makes a special motorcycle oil designed to run with both style clutches, it's about 8:50$ a quart but well worth it.

i know they make it, i am just saying to make sure you dont dump the wrong stuff in there or you"ll be flushing the bottom end and replacing a clutch :D