PDA

View Full Version : My Red's Alive!!!!

russell56443
10-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Finally!!!!!
I have had this Red for a couple of years(Got her from MnRebel on 3ww)cheap :0)
She had a leak in the center of the case,a guy told me to just get a needle and shove JB weld in where the gasket is missing and then do a top layer,It Worked!!!!
I got the timing set too,that was easy after I finally figured it out lol,I was trying to make it harder than it was(Live and Learn)!!
Still need's a lot of work (And a Muffler)so if anyone has a head light,muffler,front brake arm and cable,rear brake cable,rear spring's for the brakes let me know,anyway Im sure there will be more later on lol !!
Here's the link to her actually running,Im still in shock LOL!!!
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/russell56443/?action=view&current=Picture263.flv

Taiser
10-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey running is good, if a bit fast, what happens when you slow down the idle? Another one saved from the scrap yard, gotta love it.

russell56443
10-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Well,it run's good but leaks like a sieve:cry:
Look's like someone rode it without the skid plate and hit a rock or something?
I have the manual and am not a complete noob with motor's but how hard is it to split the case's and what special tool's will I need?
Also the clutches are stuck too,by the time I buy the gasket kit and what ever else is messed up in there would I be better off just getting another motor?
Thank's Guy's!!!!

Taiser
10-07-2008, 07:49 AM
No special tools needed, just patience. The Honda 200 motors are not too complicated. If the case is cracked you may need some patience in finding a replacement part. I see tons of 250r cases on e-bay and few 200's but they do come on once in a while and usually go for 75-100 bucks per half. I have seen complete motors go for 300-500 bucks in really good condition, usually in the winter. Summer seems to be more expensive for parts, so I'd wait for the snow to fly, but there will be fewer on by then. I bought a clutch back in the day for my 185 for about 180$, but that was a long time ago. If the motor has those kinds of problems who know what else is FUBAR on it. I'd look for a good used engine, keep the one you got now for parts!