PDA

View Full Version : Clarke 250R tanks: how good of a color match?

Dammit!
10-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Does anyone have a RED 250r replica tank from Clarke? I'm really curious to see if the Clarke red is a closer match to the OEM kinda orangei'sh red or the darker Maier red. Anybody? Bueller?

Dirtcrasher
10-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Does anyone have a RED 250r replica tank from Clarke? I'm really curious to see if the Clarke red is a closer match to the OEM kinda orangei'sh red or the darker Maier red. Anybody? Bueller?

If it's anything like the Clarke 250SX tank, it's not the best match. It isn't dark like the Maier stuff though but still I can't find nything that is close to OEM Honda.

I don't get it.... I think these guys can add whatever pigment they want to the plastic and get it close to OEM but they never seem to try?? When you run Maier fenders, you have to mix tank colors because the shades are so off.

Dammit!
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Actually I'm hoping their tanks are a closer match to Maier than OEM. I have no interest in running OEM plastics anymore.

bad350
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
i agree, no sense in running oem plastic, unless its a garage queen! you can buy 2 sets of maier for the price of 1 oem. don't know about the R but on my X the maier is much more flexable