PDA

View Full Version : Tecate kickback

The big 3
10-02-2008, 01:12 AM
hi guys,
i just replaced the stator to a Ricky stator and installed a new keyway. the flywheel looked fine.
now i get real bad kickback, even after i set the timing as per the manual?

question is will it still rollstart in 2nd or 3rd with the timing off?

fabiodriven
10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
If it's kicking back like it has pre-ignition, don't even start it until you fix that problem. Pre-ignition can put a hole right through your piston.

scooterroo
10-02-2008, 10:08 AM
check to make sure your not a degree or two out of time. sounds like thats whats the problem.

fabiodriven
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I think you need a speacil tool gizmo to get the Ricky stator dialed in correclty. Next to imposible to adjust correctly w/o one from what I have heard.

john

I just slapped mine right in with no issues whatsoever-

The big 3
10-03-2008, 06:02 AM
If it's kicking back like it has pre-ignition, don't even start it until you fix that problem. Pre-ignition can put a hole right through your piston.

thanks man you probably just saved me a piston..

not sure whats happened i lined everything up properly, cant get to bolts now and cant get the flywheel off either. looks like its going back in the corner for another year

Blown 331
10-11-2008, 09:12 AM
thanks man you probably just saved me a piston..

not sure whats happened i lined everything up properly, cant get to bolts now and cant get the flywheel off either. looks like its going back in the corner for another year

Did you maybe not have the flywheel lined up properly on the key or maybe the flywheel wasn't tight enough and it sheared the flywheel key?

nd4speed
10-11-2008, 01:44 PM
The Tecate flywheel is so big you can't adjust the stator plate with it on. That's why I like my KX250 flywheel.

I used a Harmonic balancer puller from a local auto parts store $20 to remove one that was rust welded to the shaft. If I got that one to back off you should be able to get yours with the proper puller.