PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Yamaha 225 dx carb destroyed

klrinco
09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Noob here...Just picked up a 225dx from a guy for $50. The bike is actually in really good shape, except for the carb, which it looks like someone tried to take apart and work on....with a drill. It looks like the choke slide was stuck, so they tried to drill it out and gouged through the carb pretty bad. I am having a hard time finding another Mikuni vm24 like this one, so was curious if anyone knows a place, or if anyone knows of a simple upgrade carb (with plenty of power of course) I could get to put on this bike so I can finally ride it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Vealmonkey
09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Some people don't really like it, but ebay can be a good source of parts, but it is also buyer beware. I know there is a motorcycle/atv junkyard in boulder, colorado. Boulder bike works I believe is there name. You may want to try there. Also post a wanted to buy ad in the classifieds section on here and maybe you might get a response, but also look in the classifieds over the last 2 weeks and see if someone may have a carb for sale. Welcome to the boards. There are alot of great people on here and also some great info. Learn how to post pictures cause everyone on here will want to see pictures of your trike. And your trike doesn't have to be perfect. Alot of people on hear have posted pictures of beaters, me included. You have to start somewhere to begin fixing your trike. Good luck with the carb search, you should be able to find something.

maggiesboy
09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I may have a carb body for you. It is off of an 84 225. You can have it for $5.00 (that will cover shipping). Let me go look and snap a couple of pics.

maggiesboy
09-29-2008, 11:21 PM
here are the pictures. Let me know if you want it.

klrinco
09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
for sure maggiesboy, i sent you a pm.

maggiesboy
09-29-2008, 11:29 PM
payment info is back at ya.

TopFin
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I have a quick question. What is this screw for? Also whats the correct setting for it?

maggiesboy
09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I have a quick question. What is this screw for? Also whats the correct setting for it?

that is the air/ fuel mixture screw. A baseline setting is usually 1 1/2 - 2 turns out from closed

maggiesboy
09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
for sure maggiesboy, i sent you a pm.

It is in the mail. I sent it priority mail, you'll have it in 2-3 days.